Here’s an interesting take on a recipe for Bone Fish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp. We have turned it into a party appetizer your guests will love. Make our Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe at home tonight for your next party.
If you’re not familiar with it, Bonefish Grill is a moderately expensive “fancy” dining seafood and steak place. This is referred to on the menu as a house specialty and I understand they sell a lot of them.
It is very good as an appetizer, but who eats appetizers at home? Not me or my friends. Not before meals anyway.
What we do eat are appetizers as party foods.
Yes! Take Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp (and wings) and you will be the hit of the party — guaranteed!
Okay, so let’s adapt it for a party.
Buy some good , large breaded shrimp. There’s really no need to go to all the trouble of breading your own for this recipe. The flavor is in the sauce. Besides, you have better things to do.
Buy some chicken wings while you’re at the store. This sauce is excellent on wings and wings are always good party food.
Crank up the heat in the sauce a bit. This is not a family dinner — This is a PARTY!
Oh okay, I’ll do that for you.
Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp Restaurant Recipe
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (We always use Dukes. You use what ever you like – But we recommend Dukes)
- 4 teaspoons Chili Garlic Sauce (find this in the Chinese section of your grocery or in a Oriental Market)
- 1 teaspoon granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
Chop some Peanuts and Onion Greens to sprinkle on top.
That’s it for the original recipe. Pretty simple and delicious. But for a party I recommend:
- Increase the Chili Garlic Sauce to 8 teaspoons or more.
- Add 3 teaspoons minced Garlic (or 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder)
If it’s still not hot enough, go wild and throw in some hot sauce.
- Precook the wings and shrimp WITHOUT the sauce.
- Mix up the Sauce. DO NOT MIX THE SHRIMP OR WINGS IN YET!
- Bowl both and go to or wait for the party. DO NOT MIX THE SHRIMP OR WINGS IN YET! Seriously! These DO NOT travel or sit around well. If you insist on saucing them early, you are going to have big ol’ bowl of mush when the party begins. It will look like shrimp oat mill. I speak from experience. 🙂
- Make sure if your are taking these to a party, to take a big serving platter with you.
- At the start of the party — JUST BEFORE YOU SERVE THEM — toss the shrimp and wings into the sauce and place them on the platter.
- Sprinkle your peanuts and green onions on top.
- Enjoy the compliments.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Bonefish Grill Diablo Shrimp Fettuccine
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp
- Bonefish Grill Jamaican Coconut Pie With Jamaican Rum Sauce
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Happy Hour at Bonefish is by Dinemag – Katherine Lynch – Visit her website – http://dinemag.net/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp Restaurant Recipe and Party Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and, trust me, “There ain’t nobody that don’t LOVE this Recipe!”