Make our Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Shrimp Mac and Cheese Recipe at home. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Shrimp Mac and Cheese will taste just like Bubba Gump’s.
Photo by Annie
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company MMMMMM
A Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Copycat Recipe
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is an American seafood restaurant chain inspired by the 1994 film Forrest Gump. The first Bubba Gump opened in 1996 on Cannery Row in Monterey, California, as the first and only (even to this day) casual restaurant chain based on a motion picture property. Currently there are more than 38 Bubba Gumps 22 in the US and 16 international locations.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. serves scratch-made, southern-style comfort dishes mainly, as you might imagine, of shrimp – but also has burgers, ribs, salads and cocktails.
Restaurants display movie memorabilia throughout the restaurant. Guests can play Forrest Gump movie trivia and can signal their waiter with a “Stop, Forrest, Stop” sign.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Shrimp Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 pound medium Shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed, left whole or cut in 1/2 or 1/3, if desired
- 1 pound Elbow Macaroni or other Pasta of choice
- 5 tablespoons Butter divided
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning divided
- 1 tablespoon grated Onion
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups Milk
- 1/4 pound grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 pound grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pound grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs to top
- 1 teaspoon Parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place prepared shrimp in a large heat proof bowl.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain. Immediately add hot pasta to bowl with shrimp. The heat will partially cook the shrimp.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to a medium sauce pan. Set over medium heat and melt butter.
- Add onion. Sauté 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour. Cook, stirring with a whisk for 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk. Heat approximately 4 minutes.
- Add Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Stir until smooth.
- Add 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in shrimp and pasta. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a buttered casserole dish.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons melted butter and parsley.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until browned and bubbling.
- Serve hot.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Shrimp Feta Mac and Cheese 1” is by Annie and is used by permission under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) Creative Commons License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/legalcode. Photo of Bubba Gump Sign by Dino Quinzani and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) License. Thank you, Annie and Dino. Great Pictures. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Information courtesy of Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and Wikipedia where it is used by permission. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!