Make our Anthony’s BBQ Oysters with Citrus Garlic Butter Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your BBQ Oysters will taste just like Anthony’s.
Photo by Jessica Merz
Anthony’s Restaurants are a family of unique restaurants located throughout the Pacific Northwest. The first Anthony’s was opened in 1969 by Budd Gould in Bellevue, Washington. The company focused on waterfront view locations throughout the Puget Sound before opening a variety of concepts designed to showcase the best of the Northwest in relaxed dinner houses and casual dining restaurants as well as traditional “to go” Fish N Chip bars. Today there are more than 30 Anthony’s Restaurants in Washington, Oregon and Idaho.
Anthony’s BBQ Oysters with Citrus Garlic Butter
An Anthony’s Copycat Recipe
Anthony's BBQ Oysters with Citrus Garlic Butter Recipe
- 12 Oysters shucked ("opened") - Have you fishmonger or seafood shop do this for you
- 1 log Citrus Garlic Butter Recipe below
- Rock Salt to serve
- Remove Citrus Garlic Butter from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before starting.
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill to 400°F.
- Prepare a serving plate with a generous layer of rock salt, to hold the oyters in place while serving. Set beside the grill.
- When hot, place bottom shells of oysters (the shell with the oyster meat in it) on grill (discard upper shell). Cook 3 to 5 minutes until oysters start sizzling and liquid is bubbling.
- Remove from grill and place in the rock salt, pressing down slightly to "set".
- Immediately top each oyster with 1 teaspoon of Citrus Garlic Butter.
Citrus Garlic Butter Recipe
- 1/2 pound Butter
- 1/4 cup Chives
- 2 tablespoon minced Garlic
- Zest and freshly squeezed Juice of 1 Lemon You can use the same lemon. Do the zesting first then cut it in 1/2 and squeeze.
- 3 - 4 drops Tabasco Sauce or other Hot Sauce of choice
- In a medium bowl, whip butter until soft.
- Add chives and garlic.
- Add lemon zest and juice.
- Season with hot sauce, to taste. Mix very well.
- Spread butter out on a 12-inch sheet of wax or parchment paper.
- Roll into a smooth log removing all the paper creases.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Allow butter to come to room temperature before using.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Oyster with spicy garlic butter is by Jessica Merz and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Jessica. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy Anthony’s entry on LinkedIn Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!