Make this Straight-From-the-Restaurant California Pizza Kitchen Avocado Egg Rolls Recipe at home. This California Pizza Kitchen favorite features Bacon, Monterey Jack Cheese, Tomatoes and, of course, Avocado.
Photo by jeff~
California Pizza Kitchen Avocado Egg Rolls
A California Pizza Kitchen Copycat Recipe
Restaurants love to share their recipes with their fans so they can cook and enjoy their favorite dishes at home – And we love to share them with you. Alton has spent hours tracking down these recipes. We are proud that we can help the restaurants share these recipes with our fans.
California Pizza Kitchen Avocado Egg Rolls from 2008 is a Straight-From-the-Restaurant Recipe.
Dipping Sauce Recipes
Make one or more of our delicious Dipping Sauce Restaurant Copycat Recipes to dip your Avocado Egg Rolls.
California Pizza Kitchen Avocado Egg Rolls Recipe
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise (We use Duke's)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Hot Sauce of choice, to taste
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing plus extra for dipping
- 2 boneless skinless Chicken Breast halves
- 1 Avocado
- Eight 6-inch Egg-Roll Wrappers
- 2 Plum Tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 slices Bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons Water to create and Egg Wash
- Cornstarch for dusting
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Ranch Dressing for dipping
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, hot sauce and 1/2 cup ranch dressing. Set aside. This can be done in advance. Store, covered, in the refrigerator, until ready to use.
- Bake or grill chicken breasts to an internal temperature of 165°F. Set aside to cool. Shred or cut into bite-sized pieces. This, too, can be done in advance. Store, covered, in the refrigerator, until ready to use.
- Starting at the top, with a very sharp knife, cut down into each avocado until you hit the pit. Cut completely around the avocado, top to bottom, touching the pit the entire time.
- Pull the two halves of the avocado apart and remove the pit with a spoon.
- Use the spoon to scoop the avocado out of the skin. Slice flesh into 16 wedges.
- Place one egg roll wrapper on the counter, one corner pointing toward you in a diamond (not square) shape.
- Stack one-eighth of the chicken, tomatoes, bacon and cheese in a line across the lower third of the wrapper, being careful to leave at least 1-inch between the filling and each edge of the wrapper.
- Top with 2 slices avocado.
- Fold the lower third of the wrapper over the filling. Gently pull back to tuck into a tight bundle.
- Paint egg wash along the remaining edges of the wrapper. Fold sides of wrapper over filling. Roll up and press egg-washed edges firmly to seal.
- Dust a tray or baking sheet lightly with cornstarch; place finished egg roll, seam side down, on the tray.
- Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers and ingredients.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet to 375°F.
- Carefully place egg rolls 2 or 3 at a time, do not crowd, into hot oil. Fry 1 1/2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel-covered plate to drain.
- Continue with remaining egg rolls.
- Serve with Ranchito Sauce and plain Ranch Dressing for dipping.
California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook
Nearly 50 recipes and inspiring color photographs can be found in the California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook, which shows you how to make popular dishes from the restaurant known for its eclectic pizzas. Crowd-pleasing recipes that are easy to make and appeal to both adults and children include pizza like Jamaican Jerk Chicken and other favorites like Thai Crunch Salad.
This book will show you how to make three kinds of pizza dough with step-by-step instructions, and it even presents ideas for create-your-own pizza parties.
Truly Madly Pizza
No matter what the first day of a new week throws at you, no matter how looming the rest of the days before the weekend seem, a truly, madly delicious pizza makes it all better. The entire maddening day can be washed away by a combination of bubbling mozzarella, sweet sauce and chewy crust.
To make pizza a nightly affair, Suzanne Lenzer suggests preparing her easy “Mother Crust” dough on Sunday in less than 30 minutes, freezing it and simply transferring it to the fridge to thaw on the morning you plan to cook. She gives the timestrapped home cook countless combinations for a healthy, delicious (and quick!) weeknight meal.
Balancing lighter healthy alternatives like Summer Squash with Lemon Zest and Ricotta with indulgent options such as Spicy Shredded Pork with Sweet Onion Jam and Burrata, in addition to bonus recipes including “Salad thoughts,” “Small bites,” and even a few ideas about wine, this book covers all the bases. Lenzer’s comforting voice adds a homey touch to her artisanal recipes and immaculately styled photos.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “california pizza kitchen” is by jeff~ and is used by permission under the Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) Creative Commons License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/. Thank you, Jeff. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe courtesy of California Pizza Kitchen, originally published in the “The California Pizza Kitchen Family Cookbook“, 2008 and shared by the St. Louis Dispatch on their website, August 11, 2010. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!