Make our Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Coconut Shrimp will taste just like Bubba Gump Shrimp Company’s.
Photo by Krista
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp
A Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Copycat Recipe
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. serves scratch-made, southern-style comfort dishes mainly, as you might imagine, of shrimp – but also has burgers, ribs, salads and cocktails.
Restaurants display movie memorabilia throughout the restaurant. Guests can play Forrest Gump movie trivia and can signal their waiter with a “Stop, Forrest, Stop” sign.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound shelled and deveined Shrimp frozen or fresh
- Coconut Oil to fry shrimp
- 3 cups fresh Frozen Coconut
Shrimp Batter Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups All-Purpose Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Beer
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon ground Cayenne Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Paprika
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
- Place all seasoning ingredients into a small bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Place eggs, flour, beer and baking powder into a blender. Blend well.
- Pour batter into another bowl.
- Place coconut into a third bowl.
- Gripping shrimp by the tail, dip into the seasoning mix. Roll around to coat well and evenly.
- Dip seasoned shrimp into batter. Cover well.
- Move to coconut bowl and roll shrimp around in coconut to cover completely. Use you hand to cover any spots as needed.
- Carefully lay shrimp out on a tray or platter.
- Carefully cover coconut shrimp with plastic wrap.
- Place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill.
- when ready to cook, heat oil to 350°F in a deep fryer or large skillet.
- Deep fry shrimp, a few at a time until golden brown.
The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cookbook: Recipes and Reflections from FORREST GUMP
Forrest Gump stepped out of the pages of Winston Groom’s novel, up onto the silver screen, and into the hearts of more than 30 million Americans. If you’re lucky, you count yourself among them.
Now you can open to any page… and just like Forrest’s mama said about life… “You never know what you’re gonna get.” There are shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, shrimp cocktail… over 75 recipes all told, and every mouth-watering one of them heaven-sent.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Red Lobster Peach Bourbon BBQ Shrimp and Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Bennigan’s Shrimp and Pasta Recipe
- Vidalia Onion BBQ Sauce
- Bonefish Grill Diablo Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- Outback Steakhouse Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie
- Red Lobster Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Shrimpin’ Dippin’ Broth
- Bennigan’s Bamboo Chicken and Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- Bobby Flay’s Shrimp Tamales Recipe
- Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp and Wings Party Recipe
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Shrimpin’ Dippin’ Broth Recipe
- Red Lobster Peach Bourbon BBQ Shrimp and Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe
- City Grocery Shrimp and Grits Recipe
- Dave and Buster’s Cajun Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
- Longhorn Steakhouse Wild West Shrimp with Prairie Dust Recipe
- Red Lobster Pina Colada Shrimp Recipe
Photo of Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp is by Krista and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Photo of Bubba Gump Sign by Dino Quinzani and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) License. Thank you, Krista and Dino. Great Pictures. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Information courtesy of Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and Wikipedia where it is used by permission. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!