Make Abuelo’s Jalapeño Cheese Fritters for your next party. With our Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipe your Jalapeño Cheese Fritters will taste just like Abuelo’s.
Photo by boB Rudis
Abuelos Jalapeño Cheese Fritters
Abuelo's Jalapeño Cheese Fritters Recipe
- 1 8- ounce package Cream Cheese softened
- 24 ounces Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 24 ounces Monterrey Cheese shredded
- 8 ounces fresh Jalapeños deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning
- Oil for Frying
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 quarts Bread Crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- In a mixing bowl, place softened cream cheese, shredded Monterrey, Cheddar, deseeded jalapeños and seasoning, mix well.
- Using a level tablespoon as measurement, measure cheese fritters.
- Roll into balls and place on a plate or sheet pan and set aside.
- In a 1/2 size foil pan place flour.
- In another 1/2 size foil pan, crack eggs add water. Whip to create egg wash.
- In another 1/2 size metal foil pan place bread crumbs.
- Place an empty 1/2 size foil pan lined with parchment paper next to the bread crumbs.
- Place the unbreaded cheese balls next to the flour.
- Place 20 cheese balls into flour. Toss gently to coat.
- Shake off excess flour and place cheese balls into egg wash. Cover cheese balls completely with egg wash.
- Transfer cheese balls to bread crumbs. Toss gently to coat.
- Shake off excess bread crumbs and return cheese balls to egg wash.
- Return cheese balls to bread crumbs. Toss gently to coat thoroughly.
- Place on sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Heat counter top fryer or frying pan filled with oil to 360 degrees.
- Fry cheese balls for about 1 1/2 minutes on until golden brown.
- Place fritters on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess grease.
- Serve immediately with ranch dressing or for dipping or choose one of the dips below.
Follow Us to Get ALL of Our Latest Recipes
Get All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes as Soon as We Publish Them
Just Follow Us on on Your Favorite Social Media Sites and Never Miss a New Recipe.
Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Chili’s Awesome Blossom Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Applebee’s Mexi-Ranch Dip
- Moe’s Southwest Grill Queso Recipe
- Papa John’s Garlic Butter Sauce
- Bob Evans Colonial Dressing
- …More Delicious Recipes Coming Soon
Photo of Panko-crusted goat cheese fritters is by boB Rudis and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Bob. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!