Make our Joe’s Crab Shack Blue Crab Dip Recipe at home. This easy-to-make dip is perfect for any party.
Photo by wEnDy
Joe’s Crab Shack Blue Crab Dip
A Joe’s Crab Shack Copycat Recipe
Joe’s Crab Shack
Joe’s Crab Shack is an American chain of beach-themed seafood casual dining restaurants. Founded in Houston, Texas in 1991, the restaurant now has more than 40 locations all across the US.
Joe’s Crab Shack’s extensive menu offers many seafood favorites from buckets of seasonal seafood, fried shrimp platters and fish dishes, as well as options from the “mainland” that include steak, sandwiches and chicken. Guests also enjoy over-sized and creative cocktails, such as the Shark Bite which is playfully garnished with a shark toy.
Their popular tie-dye T-shirt with the phrase “Peace, Love and Crabs” can often be seen at rock concerts and on beaches.
Joe's Crab Shack Blue Crab Dip Recipe
- 5 ounces canned Crab Meat drained and picked over
- 2 teaspoons diced Onion
- 2 dashes Tabasco Sauce or other Hot Sauce, of choice
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons diced Red Pepper
- 2 teaspoons diced Green Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons White Wine
- 2 teaspoons diced Tomato
- 1 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped Scallion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese to top
- Paprika to taste, to top
- In a small mixing bowl add all ingredients, except 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and paprika. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a small, over-safe casserole-style serving dish.
- Place dish in microwave and cook on medium power for about 4 minutes, until cheese has melted and just starts to bubble.
- Carefully remove from microwave (the dish will be very hot!) and immediately sprinkle with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
- Turn oven on high broil.
- Place dish into oven and broil just until the cheese on top melts to your liking. Watch closely and do not burn.
- Carefully remove from oven. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve hot (Be sure to warn your guests!) with chips, pitas, toast points and/or other "dippers" of choice.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Crazy-Good Crab Dip is by wEnDy and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Wendy. Great Picture. Photo of Joe’s Crab Shack is by Kent Kanouse and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Kent. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Joe’s Crab Shack and Wikipedia where it is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!