Make our Famous Dave’s Legendary Pit Barbecue Ribs Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Ribs will taste just like Famous Dave’s.
Photo by mike bouchard
Famous Dave’s Legendary Pit Barbecue Ribs
Famous Dave's Legendary Pit Barbecue Ribs Recipe
- 2 cups packed light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Kosher Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Garlic Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup Lemon Pepper
- 1/4 cup Onion Salt
- 1/4 cup Celery Salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole Celery Seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed Cloves
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne
- 1/2 cup Mrs. Dash Original Blend
- 1/4 cup Salt
- Two 4 to 5-pound racks Spareribs
- 1/2 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup minced dried Onion
- 1 cup Rib Rub that's the recipe above
- A Bottle of Famous Dave's BBQ Sauce or other BBQ Sauce of choice
- First prepare Rib Rub by thoroughly mixing all rub ingredients and store in airtight container.
- The night before smoking, trim your ribs of all excess fat from the ribs.
- Place ribs in a large plastic bag and pour in Italian dressing to coat. Seal bag well.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove and wipe dressing off.
- Sprinkle each rib with pepper then 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the onion flakes.
- Wrap each rib in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning remove from wrap and wipe sludge off ribs.
- Generously coat front and back of ribs with Rib Rub and using your hands, rub seasoning into meat and set aside.
- Using a chimney charcoal starter get 15 briquettes red hot.
- Place coals on one end of grill and place 1 pound of green hickory around coals. Use water-soaked hickory chunks if you can't get fresh-cut hickory. Keep internal temperature of the grill at 200 to 225°F. Add more charcoal and hickory chunks every hour as needed. The smoking process will take 6 hours.
- Place ribs bone side down but not directly over hot coals.
- After 3 hours, remove ribs from grill and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Hold in covered grill at 180 to 200°F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until fork tender.
- Next build a real hot bed of coals over the entire bottom of grill. Be careful because this next step goes quickly.
- Place ribs back on grill to add char flavor.
- When meat becomes bubbly, it is done. Make sure to char off bone side membrane until it becomes papery and disintegrates.
Follow Us to Get ALL of Our Latest Recipes
Beef Back Ribs in the Slow Cooker
Get All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes as Soon as We Publish Them
Just Follow Us on on Your Favorite Social Media Sites and Never Miss a New Recipe.
Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Famous Dave’s Shakin’ the Shack Potato Salad
- Famous Dave’s Baked ‘Wilbur’ Beans
- Famous Daves Georgia Chopped Pork
- Tony Roma’s BBQ Baby Back Ribs and BBQ Sauce
- Famous Dave’s Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce Recipe
- Famous Dave’s Georgia Chopped Pork Recipe
- McDonalds Bacon McDouble Recipe
- The Classic Chicago Hot Dog
- A&W Papa Burger
- In-n-Out Burger Animal-Style Burger Recipe
- McDonald’s Egg McMuffins Recipe
- Red Robin’s Chili
- Bobby Flay’s Texas Burgers Recipe
- McDonald’s Big Mac and Special Sauce Recipe
- Burger King Big King Burger Recipe
- A&W BBQ Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- McDonald’s McRib Recipe
- Applebee’s Bruschetta Burger Recipe
- Hardee’s Mushroom and Swiss Burger
- Burger King Whopper and Angry Whopper Recipe
- White Castle “Sliders” Burger Recipe
- Cosi Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Flatbread Sandwiches Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Ribs is by mike bouchard and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Thank you, Mike. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Email Buttons below to SHARE our Famous Dave’s Legendary Pit Barbecue Ribs Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!