Make our Red Robin Chili Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Chili will taste just like Red Robin’s.
Photo by Jennifer Yin
Red Robin Chili
Red Robin Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 2 canned Chipotle Peppers, chopped, with a tablespoon of sauce from can
- 1 Anaheim Chile Pepper diced
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 ounces Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 15- ounce cans Kidney Beans drained
- 1 15- ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Mexican Oregano Powder
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Cheddar Cheese shredded, to garnish
- Sour Cream to garnish
- Lime Wedges to garnish
- Tortilla Strips to garnish
- Red Onion diced, to garnish
- Brown beef until almost done.
- Add in chipotle peppers and sauce, Anaheim pepper, garlic and onion and sauté until onions are transparent.
- In a second pot heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in flour for 2 1/2 minutes or until roux begins to turn tan in color.
- To the roux, add beef mixture, chili powder, beans, tomatoes, oregano, chicken broth and water.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Increase heat to high and bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours - depending on how thick you like your chili - stirring every 20 minutes or so.
- Taste. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve chili topped with cheese, a spoonful of sour cream, a pinch of red onion and tortilla strips.
- Or better yet, place the garnishes on the table and let everyone choose their own garnishes.
- Squeeze lime wedge over top if you like.
A&W’s Chili Dog
Get that Old Time Drive-In Restaurant taste of A&W Chili Dogs at home tonight.
With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Chili Dogs will taste just like A&W’s.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Gordon Ramsay’s Broccoli Soup
- The Soup Man Seafood Bisque Recipe
- O’Charley’s Chicken Harvest Soup Recipe
- Applebee’s Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
- Qdoba Mexican Gumbo Soup
- Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Onion Soup Recipe
- Panera Bread Black Bean Soup Recipe
- Qdoba Mexican Gumbo Soup Recipe
- The Black-Eyed Pea Broccoli-Cheese Soup Recipe
- The Soup Man Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Chili is by Jennifer Yin and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) License. Thank you, Jennifer. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Red Robin Chili Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!