Make our Applebee’s Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Tortilla Soup will taste just like Applebee’s.
Photo by James
Applebee’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
Applebee's Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 1 medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Pepper optional
- One 15-ounce can Tomato Puree
- 1 teaspoon finely minced Jalapeño Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce optional
- 4 teaspoons Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 pound cooked Chicken cubed
- 1 cup Cream
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream to taste
- 8 ounces Cheese cut into 1-inch cubes, to taste
- Ten 6-inch Corn Tortillas
- Fresh Cilantro roughly chopped (optional)
- Add oil to a large deep pan or Dutch oven.
- Place on stove over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions.
- Sauté until soft.
- Add chicken stock, green pepper, tomato puree, jalapeño, salt, pepper, sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Bring to low boil.
- Reduce heat. Simmer 20 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, cut tortillas into 1/4-inch strips.
- Fry in oil or spray with oil and bake at 400ºF.
- Sprinkle with salt, if desired. Set aside.
- In a small cup, thoroughly mix flour and water to make a slurry.
- Whisk slurry into soup.
- Bring soup again to a low boil. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cream. Simmer 5 more minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and cheese (more or less of each, depending on taste).
- Ensure 165°F serving temperature.
- Spoon soup into serving bowls.
- Pile prepared tortilla strips into a "haystack" shape on top of the soup.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
Applebee’s Wonton Tacos
With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Wonton Tacos will taste just like Applebee’s.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Gordon Ramsay’s Broccoli Soup
- The Soup Man Seafood Bisque Recipe
- O’Charley’s Chicken Harvest Soup Recipe
- Applebee’s Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
- Qdoba Mexican Gumbo Soup
- Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Onion Soup Recipe
- Panera Bread Black Bean Soup Recipe
- Qdoba Mexican Gumbo Soup Recipe
- The Black-Eyed Pea Broccoli-Cheese Soup Recipe
- The Soup Man Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Applebees Chicken Totilla Soup is by James and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, James. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Applebee’s Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!