Make our Checkers / Rally’s Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Buffalo Chicken Sandwich will taste just like Checkers and Rally’s.
Photo by Bill Roehl
Checkers / Rally’s Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. is one of the largest chains of double drive-thru restaurants in the United States. The company operates Checkers and Rally’s restaurants in 28 states and the District of Columbia. They specialize in hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries, and milkshakes.
Originally separate companies serving different geographic areas with Checkers serving the Southeast and Rally’s serving the Midwest, Checkers and Rally’s Hamburgers, Inc. merged in August 1999.
Checkers was founded in 1986 in Mobile, Alabama. Rally’s was founded in Louisville, Kentucky in 1985.
Checkers and Rally’s had similar concepts, being almost exclusively drive-thru with very little seating. After the merger, Rally’s began redesigning its restaurants to follow the Checkers look. Today, with the exception of a different name on the sign, Checkers and Rally’s restaurants look nearly identical.
A breaded chicken breast filet dunked in Frank’s RedHot Original Buffalo Wing Sauce and then topped with ranch dressing and lettuce served on a toasted sesame seed bun.
Recipe makes 4 Sandwiches
Checkers / Rally's Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 4 defrosted Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 Buns or Rolls
- Olive Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Frank’s RedHot Original Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 - 1 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Tomatoes sliced
- Ranch Dressing
- You will also need - 1 Gallon size storage bag
- Preheat skillet on stove top.
- Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Combine flour, paprika and salt in storage bag.
- Add chicken breasts one at a time and give a good shake to coat the pieces.
- Add coated chicken breasts to heated skillet and fry until nicely browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken breasts and place on paper towels to drain off excessive oil.
- Combine melted butter, garlic and cayenne pepper in large bowl.
- Whisk in Frank’s RedHot Original Buffalo Wing Sauce and cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes, to taste.
- Place cooked chicken breasts into bowl with sauce and turn over to coat both sides.
- Assemble sandwiches and add ranch dressing, tomato slices and lettuce.
The Great American Hot Dog Book: Recipes and Side Dishes from Across America
Americans eat around 20 billion dogs a year, and it’s no wonder that wherever you find yourself in the country, there’s a local hot dog stand, diner, deli, or restaurant with a special take on this American classic.
From the Coney Island Dog of New York to the Remoulade Dog in New Orleans to the tortilla-wrapped Bacon Burrito Dog served up at Pink’s in Los Angeles, The Great American Hot Dog Book takes you on a tour to reveal the inside story of how the hot dog has evolved and become even more firmly entrenched in America’s culinary traditions.
Recipes Also Include:
- Blackie’s Deep-Fried Dogs and Pear-Pepper Relish
- The Original Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog
- Bacon Cheese Dogs with Fried Onions
- Pizza Fries
- Pink’s Pastrami Burrito Dogs
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- McDonalds Bacon McDouble Recipe
- The Classic Chicago Hot Dog
- A&W Papa Burger
- In-n-Out Burger Animal-Style Burger Recipe
- McDonald’s Egg McMuffins Recipe
- Red Robin’s Chili
- Bobby Flay’s Texas Burgers Recipe
- McDonald’s Big Mac and Special Sauce Recipe
- Burger King Big King Burger Recipe
- A&W BBQ Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- McDonald’s McRib Recipe
- Applebee’s Bruschetta Burger Recipe
- Hardee’s Mushroom and Swiss Burger
- Burger King Whopper and Angry Whopper Recipe
- White Castle “Sliders” Burger Recipe
- Cosi Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Flatbread Sandwiches Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Frank’s RedHot Original Buffalo Wing Sauce is by Bill Roehl and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Bill. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page.
Checkers / Rally’s information is from Wikipedia and is used by permission. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Checkers / Rally’s Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!