Make our In-n-Out Burger Animal-Style Burger Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Animal Burger will taste just like In-n-Out Burger’s.
Photo by Supercake
In-n-Out Burger Animal-Style Burger
I love In-n-Out Burger. Every time I am out West I have visit one. Usually I drag whoever is with me. “A fast food burger joint?” they say. But after only one visit each of them has become a convert.
In-n-Out Burger, to me, is what a burger joint should be. It’s what McDonald’s started out as but somehow lost its way along the road to global rule. In-n-Out Burger has burgers, cheeseburgers, fries (fresh cut in the store!), sodas and shakes — and that’s about it. But EVERYTHING is fantastic.
Try this burger at home for a taste — but be sure to visit an In-n-Out Burger the next time you are in the neighborhood.
And please leave a comment below about you experiences at In-n-Out Burger and other burger joints.
In-n-Out Burger Animal-Style Burger Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil plus more for brushing
- 2 large Onions finely chopped
- Kosher Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise We always choose Duke's Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1/2 teaspoon White Vinegar
- 2 pounds Ground Beef Chuck preferably 60 - 80% lean
- 4 Hamburger Buns split
- 1/4 cup sliced Dill Pickles
- 3/4 cup Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 4 to 8 thin slices Tomato
- Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
- 8 slices American Cheese
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and soft, about 30 minutes. (If the onions brown too quickly, reduce the heat to low.)
- Uncover, increase the heat to medium high and continue to cook, stirring often, until caramelized, about 8 more minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the skillet, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer, stirring, until the water evaporates, about 2 more minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. (The onions can be made up to 3 days ahead; cover and refrigerate, then reheat before using.)
- Mix mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Shape beef into 8 patties, about 4 inches wide and 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Lightly brush with vegetable oil.
- Toast the buns on the griddle, split-side down.
- Spread each toasted bun bottom with about 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Then top with a few pickles, some lettuce, 1 or 2 slices tomato and another dollop of the mayonnaise mixture. Set aside. (Keep the griddle hot.)
- Season both sides of the patties with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, if necessary, put the patties on the griddle. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard on the uncooked side of each patty.
- Then flip and top each with 1 slice cheese.
- Continue cooking about 2 more minutes for medium doneness.
- Top 4 of the patties with caramelized onions.
- Then cover with the remaining patties, cheese-side up.
- Sandwich the double patties on the buns.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Islands Restaurant Hawaiian Burger
- McDonalds Bacon McDouble Recipe
- The Classic Chicago Hot Dog
- A&W Papa Burger
- McDonald’s Egg McMuffins Recipe
- Red Robin’s Chili
- Bobby Flay’s Texas Burgers Recipe
- McDonald’s Big Mac and Special Sauce Recipe
- KFC Cajun Honey Chicken Wings Recipe
- Burger King Big King Burger Recipe
- A&W BBQ Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- McDonald’s McRib Recipe
- Applebee’s Bruschetta Burger Recipe
- Hardee’s Mushroom and Swiss Burger
- Burger King Whopper and Angry Whopper Recipe
- White Castle “Sliders” Burger Recipe
- Cosi Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Flatbread Sandwiches Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of In-N-Out Burgers – Burgers, Animal Style is by Supercake and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) License. Thank you, Cake. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Email Buttons below to SHARE our In-n-Out Burger Animal-Style Burger Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!