Make our Classic Chicago Hot Dog Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Chicago Dog will make you think you are in Downtown Chicago.
Photo by Jen Waller
The Classic Chicago Hot Dog
The Classic Chicago Hot Dog Recipe
- 8 Vienna All-Beef Hot Dogs
- 8 Hot Dog Buns with Poppy Seeds
- 2 Tomatoes Cut into thin wedges
- 16 Sports Peppers
- 1 cup Yellow Mustard
- 8 Dill Pickle Spears
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Sweet Pickle Relish Neon Green if you can find it.
- Celery Salt to taste
- Grill or boil hot dogs according to the instructions on the package.
- Remove hot dog and set aside.
- Carefully place a steamer basket into the pot and steam the hot dog bun 2 minutes or until warm. (Optional -- but good!)
- Place hot dog in the steamed bun.
- Pile on the toppings in this order (use your own taste preference and judgement for portion sizes except for tomatoes, peppers and pickle): yellow mustard, sweet green pickle relish, onion, 2 tomato wedges, 1 pickle spear, 2 sport peppers and celery salt. The tomatoes should be nestled between the hot dog and the top of the bun. Place the pickle between the hot dog and the bottom of the bun.
- Don't even think about ketchup!
Haute Dogs Recipes for Delicious Hot Dogs, Buns, and Condiments
Handcraft your own top-notch dogs, buns, and condiments with step-by-step from-scratch instructions, and brush up on your hot dog history with an in-depth look at tasty traditions from the U.S. and beyond. Just in time for summer, this indispensable guide will make your grilling extraordinary.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
- McDonalds Bacon McDouble Recipe
- The Classic Chicago Hot Dog
- A&W Papa Burger
- In-n-Out Burger Animal-Style Burger Recipe
- McDonald’s Egg McMuffins Recipe
- Red Robin’s Chili
- Bobby Flay’s Texas Burgers Recipe
- McDonald’s Big Mac and Special Sauce Recipe
- Burger King Big King Burger Recipe
- A&W BBQ Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- McDonald’s McRib Recipe
- Applebee’s Bruschetta Burger Recipe
- Hardee’s Mushroom and Swiss Burger
- Burger King Whopper and Angry Whopper Recipe
- White Castle “Sliders” Burger Recipe
- Cosi Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Flatbread Sandwiches Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of The Classic Chicago Hot Dog is by Jen Waller and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License. Thank you, Jen. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our The Classic Chicago Hot Dog Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!