Make our Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Onion Soup Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your French Onion Soup will taste just like Outback’s.
Photo by She Who Shall Not Be Named
Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Onion Soup
Make sure to use sweet onions in this recipe to get the best and most authentic taste.
Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Onion Soup Recipe
- 2 cups Yellow Sweet Onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 15- ounce can Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 1/4 cup Velveeta Cheese cubes or shredded, compressed in a measuring cup
- 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups Thick White Sauce See Below
- Cheddar Cheese shredded, to garnish
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- In 2-quart sauce pan place 3 tablespoons butter and sliced onions.
- Cook at low to medium heat stirring frequently until soft and clear but not brown.
- Add chicken broth from can, chicken bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, and stir until completely heated through.
- Add white sauce and Velveeta cheese. White sauce will be thick because it has been removed from the heat. Simmer on medium low heat until the cheese is melted and all ingredients are blended, stirring constantly.
- Turn temperature to warm and let cook for additional 30 - 45 minutes.
- Serve with a garnish of shredded cheddar cheese, and a couple of slices of warm dark Russian Bread.
- In a 1-quart sauce pan melt butter and add flour, cook on medium heat until the flour turns thick and comes away from the sides of the sauce pan.
- Pour milk in flour a little at a time and stir constantly, add salt. Mixture should thicken and become like thick pudding.
- Remember to stir constantly taking care not to let mixture lump, set aside off from heat until ready to use for the soup.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Gordon Ramsay’s Broccoli Soup
- The Soup Man Seafood Bisque Recipe
- O’Charley’s Chicken Harvest Soup Recipe
- Applebee’s Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
- Qdoba Mexican Gumbo Soup
- Panera Bread Black Bean Soup Recipe
- Qdoba Mexican Gumbo Soup Recipe
- The Black-Eyed Pea Broccoli-Cheese Soup Recipe
- The Soup Man Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
- Bonfire Warmer Soup – a Traditional Scottish Soup
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of French Onion Soup is by She Who Shall Not Be Named and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, She Who. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Outback Steakhouse Walkabout Onion Soup Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!