Make our Tony Roma’s BBQ Baby Back Ribs and BBQ Sauce Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Baby Backs and BBQ Sauce will taste just like Tony’s.
Photo by Renée S. Suen
Tony Roma’s BBQ Baby Back Ribs and BBQ Sauce
Note – This is a 2 day recipe. But that is good. You can do most of the work, including making the BBQ sauce, the day before your party or cookout and relax and enjoy yourself with your guests.
Tony Roma's BBQ Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- 4 to 5 pounds of Baby Back Ribs
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Tony Roma's-Style BBQ Sauce Recipe Below
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Wash and dry ribs.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper and rub to coat.
- Prepare a broiler pan by adding 1 inch of water to the bottom pan and placing the grate on top.
- Place the ribs on the grate, making sure they don’t overlap.
- Build a foil tent over the ribs. Make sure that the foil is not touching the ribs and that the tent is sealed so that the steam from the water cannot escape.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the oven, but leave covered!
- Let completely cooled down with foil tent still in place, about 2 - 3 hours.
- Then, wrap the ribs in aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator overnight. This will help re-solidify them so that they don’t fall apart when you try to grill them.
The Next day
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Place the racks of ribs on the grill grate.
- When they have reached a golden, bubbly stage, about 3 - 4 minutes, coat with Tony Roma's Homemade Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce and broil or grill another 2 - 4 minutes, then turn and repeat the process.
- Remove from broiler or grill and slather on some more sauce.
Brinkmann Rib Rack for the Grill and the Oven
These porcelain coated steel rib racks are designed to hold 4 racks of ribs at a time so if you have a giant grill surface you can cook up your other food while you prepare your ribs, or it can fit perfectly into an oven or smoker where space is at a premium.
Get the job done right with Brinkmann grilling accessories.
Tony Roma's Homemade Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Palm Sugar or Light Brown Sugar crushed
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- Dissolve the palm sugar in the water.
- Add ketchup, molasses, and liquid smoke and mix over high heat.
- Reduce to medium-low and simmer for about 45 minutes.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- A&W BBQ Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- Olive Garden Chianti Braised Short Ribs
- Famous Dave’s Legendary Pit Barbecue Ribs
- Famous Dave’s Georgia Chopped Pork
- Vidalia Onion BBQ Sauce Recipe
- California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Big Bob Gibson’s White BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Applebee’s Bahama Mama
- Red Lobster Peach Bourbon BBQ Shrimp and Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of BBQ Baby Back Ribs by Renée S. Suen and used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Renée. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Tony Roma’s BBQ Baby Back Ribs and BBQ Sauce Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!