Make our Big Bob Gibson’s White BBQ Sauce Recipe at home. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your White BBQ Sauce will totally impress your cookout guests.
Photo by I Believe I Can Fry
Big Bob Gibson’s White BBQ Sauce
Here is a delicious Southern Tradition Mark and Jamie featured over at The Weekend Grillers (Coming Back Soon!) that’s almost unknown throughout the rest of the world, White BBQ Sauce.
White BBQ Sauce was invented by Big Bob Gibson at his restaurant in Decatur, AL.
It’s a totally different taste for barbecue than you are use to. Don’t let that stop you — This is REALLY good! Surprise your guests at your next barbecue party with a few pieces alongside the normal stuff and see if they don’t fly off the plate.
The sauce tastes best on Chicken and Pork but can be eaten on almost anything. Try it on Potato Chips.
Big Bob Gibson's White BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise We prefer the Southern favorite, Duke's Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Horseradish grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider
- Throw all the ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- IMPORTANT - See below for How to Enjoy White BBQ Sauce. It's different than traditional BBQ Sauces.
Photo by I Believe I Can Fry
How to Enjoy White BBQ Sauce
Cook your meat with a nice spicy rub — But DO NOT put the White BBQ Sauce on until the meat is done cooking. Heating the sauce will cause it to separate.
After the meat is fully cooked –
- If you are using whole pieces of chicken, beef or pork, take the pieces off of the grill and dip (yes, Dip!) them in the bowl of sauce.
- If you are having pulled pork, chopped chicken or shredded beef, liberally squirt or drizzle the sauce over the meat.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- McDonalds Bacon McDouble Recipe
- The Classic Chicago Hot Dog
- A&W Papa Burger
- In-n-Out Burger Animal-Style Burger Recipe
- McDonald’s Egg McMuffins Recipe
- Red Robin’s Chili
- Bobby Flay’s Texas Burgers Recipe
- McDonald’s Big Mac and Special Sauce Recipe
- Burger King Big King Burger Recipe
- A&W BBQ Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- McDonald’s McRib Recipe
- Applebee’s Bruschetta Burger Recipe
- Hardee’s Mushroom and Swiss Burger
- Burger King Whopper and Angry Whopper Recipe
- White Castle “Sliders” Burger Recipe
- Cosi Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Flatbread Sandwiches Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of White BBQ Sauce on BBQ and White BBQ Sauce in 2 Bottles are by I Believe I Can Fry and are used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) License. Thank you, Fry. Great Pictures. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Big Bob Gibson’s White BBQ Sauce Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!