Braising, one of Olive Garden’s favorite techniques, is a slow cooking process that produces extremely tender and flavorful meat without much effort. This Olive Garden recipe for Chianti Braised Short Ribs comes straight from the restaurant.
Rediscover this Olive Garden Lost Favorite at Home.
Photo by libsciterp
Way back in the simpler days of the internet, restaurants were kind enough to share recipes on their new websites so that fans could enjoy their favorite dishes at home. Alton has spent hours tracking down these recipes – so that we can help the restaurants share them with a whole new generation of fans.
Olive Garden’s Chianti Braised Short Ribs Recipe from 2006 is a Straight-From-the-Restaurant Recipe.
Olive Garden Chianti Braised Short Ribs
Olive Garden Chianti Braised Short Ribs are great choice for the cooler months. The dish is anchored by tender beef short ribs that are slow cooked in a Chianti wine sauce and accompanied by a savory Portobello mushroom risotto, with a hint of Marsala wine.
Olive Garden's Chianti Braised Short Ribs Recipe
- 3 - 4 pounds Boneless Beef Short Ribs (Your grocery store butcher can cut into individual ribs and de-bone)
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium Yellow Onions chopped
- 4 large Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 cup Chianti Wine
- One 32-ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
- 3 cup Beef Broth
- 2 teaspoon fresh Rosemary chopped
- Pat the short ribs dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat a large, nonstick pan with olive oil.
- Sauté short rib pieces, over medium-high heat, for about 2 - 3 minutes on each side until browned. When finished, transfer the short ribs to a bowl. Do not remove pan. Lower heat to medium.
- Add the onions to the pan. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes. When onions are translucent, add garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add Chianti, rosemary, beef broth and tomatoes to the pan one at a time, allowing the liquid to evaporate partially before each addition, about two minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Return short ribs to the pan, including any juices that might have accumulated in the bowl.
- Cover and let simmer for 3 hours on low heat to complete the braising process.
- Remove the short ribs from the pan and boil the liquid until it’s reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Return the short ribs to the pan and heat thoroughly.
- Serve with potatoes or risotto and vegetables.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Olive Garden Bread Sticks
- Olive Garden Caprese Flatbread
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Olive Garden Frozen Tiramisu
- Olive Garden Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Olive Garden Lasagna Classico
- Olive Garden Pasta Frittata
- Olive Garden Salad and Dressing
- Olive Garden’s Spaghetti Carbonara
- Olive Garden’s Toasted Ravioli
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- …More Delicious Recipes Coming Soon
Photo of Olive Garden Chianti Braised Short Ribs is by libsciterp and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Sabine. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe adapted from Olive Garden’s Website, circa 2006, “Recipes” Page, by way of the Wayback Machine on the Internet Archive. From the Olive Garden’s Website Recipes Page “We love to share our passion for Italian cooking. Come visit this site often. You’ll find a wide selection of delicious recipes. Buon appetito!” Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!