Make our Famous Dave’s Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce will taste just like Famous Dave’s.
Photo by chapstickaddict
Famous Dave’s Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce
Famous Dave's Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce Recipe
- 1 loaf Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2/3 cup Golden Raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 4 cups Milk
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Extract
- 8 Eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Famous Dave's Praline Sauce (Recipe Below)
- Coat bottom and side of a 2-inch deep (very large) baking dish heavily with butter.
- Tear bread (including ends) into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix with raisins and spread it evenly in the prepared dish; be sure to turn as much of the crusts side down as they tend to burn easily
- Whisk sugar, milk, whipping cream, vanilla, eggs and cinnamon until blended.
- Pour over bread mixture.
- (You can skip this step if you like) Place baking dish in a 4-inch deep baking pan. Add water to reach halfway up side of the baking dish. Bake for 1 hour in 325°F oven.
- Remove from water bath and let stand until completely cold.
- Spoon into dessert bowls, warm in the microwave and drizzle with warm Famous Dave's Praline Sauce (Recipe Below.)
- Top with whipped cream and add a scoop of ice cream.
Real Cajun: Rustic Home Cooking from Donald Link’s Louisiana
The heart of this area—the Acadiana region of Louisiana—is a tough land that funnels its spirit into the local cuisine. You can’t find more delicious, rustic, and satisfying country cooking than the dirty rice, spicy sausage, and fresh crawfish that this area is known for. It takes a homegrown guide to show us around the back roads of this particularly unique region, and in Real Cajun, James Beard Award–winning chef Donald Link shares his own rough-and-tumble stories of living, cooking, and eating in Cajun Country.
From the backyards where crawfish boils reign as the greatest of outdoor events to the white tablecloths of Link’s famed restaurants, Real Cajun takes you on a rollicking and inspiring tour of this wild part of America and shares the soulful recipes that capture its irrepressible spirit.
Famous Dave's Praline Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups unsalted Butter cubed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Pecans
- 3 pounds Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Heat 1 cup butter in large saucepan until melted.
- Add pecans and mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Cook until pecans begin to change color. (Mixture will foam over, so use a large saucepan.)
- Add remaining butter and mix well. This will cool the pecan mixture and stop the cooking process.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine brown sugar, whipping cream and cinnamon in a saucepan and mix well. (Do not beat after you add whipping cream, just mix.)
- Cook over low heat until blended, stirring constantly; increase heat--but be sure NOT to let it boil.
- Cook to 230°F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in pecan mixture.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Remove from heat.
The Big-Flavor Grill: No-Marinade, No-Hassle Recipes for Delicious Steaks, Chicken, Ribs, Chops, Vegetables, Shrimp, and Fish
The best-selling team of chef Chris Schlesinger and Cook’s Illustrated executive editor John Willoughby present a radically simple method of applying flavor boosters to ingredients hot off the grill, maximizing flavor and dramatically reducing grilling time over traditional marinades.
The Big-Flavor Grill’s no-hassle formula means you’ll be turning out these delicious dishes in a snap:
- Five-Spice Steak Tips with Grilled Pineapple and Sweet-Sour Sauce
- Coriander-Crusted Pork Skewers with Maple-Mustard Barbecue Sauce
- Thai-Style Baby Back Ribs
- Chicken Breasts with Maple-Soy Glaze and Peanut-Ginger Relish
- Spicy Curry-Rubbed Lamb Kebabs with Grilled Peaches
- Cumin Seed–Crusted Shrimp with Charred Corn Vinaigrette
- Fish Steaks with Sriracha-Basil Butter
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Mimi’s Cafe Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory New York Cheesecake Recipe
- Applebee’s Apple Chimi Cheesecake Recipe
- Snickers Candy Bar
- Cheesecake Factory White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake Recipe
- Girl Scouts Samoa Cookies Recipe
- Watergate Hotel Mom’s Apple Crisp Recipe
- Snickers Cupcakes
- Bennigan’s Strawberry Cheesecake
- Cracker Jack Home Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls Recipe
- Chocolate Oreo Mudslide Cheesecake Recipe
- IHOP Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- Waffle House Hash Browns Restaurant Recipe
- Snickers Cheesecake Recipe
- Starbuck’s Love Bean Frappuccino Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Famous Dave’s Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce is by chapstickaddict and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Recipe courtesy of Food.com. Thank you, Chapstick. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Famous Dave’s Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!