Make our Mimi’s Cafe Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Bread Pudding will taste just like Mimi’s.
Photo by JeffreyW
Mimi’s Cafe Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce
Mimi's Cafe Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce Recipe
- 1 Loaf French Bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1/4 pound Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 quart Half & Half
- 4 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 pound Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Whiskey
- 4 Eggs
- Soak raisins for 1/2 hour in warm water. Drain
- Fill a 9 x 9 x 2-1/2-inch baking pan with the bread cubes. (Use enough bread to come to the top of the pan. You might not use the whole loaf).
- Sprinkle prepared raisins over top.
- Whisk nutmeg, butter, sugar, vanilla, half & half and eggs together to make a batter.
- Pour over the top of the bread. Stir lightly to cover all the cubes. Allow bread to soak 1/2 hour. The pan will be very full. If you have too much batter, discard the excess. If there's not enough, add a little more milk to the pan.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake pudding for about 40 minutes, until the pudding is golden brown and puffed up around the edges. The center should be "set" but still a little soft.
- You can prepare this recipe up to here ahead of time and store, covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Reheat pudding in the microwave oven when ready to serve.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add sugar. Stir well.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly.
- Beaten eggs in a small bowl with the whiskey
- When butter has cooked a bit, quickly whisk in the beaten eggs and whiskey. Mix well.
- Place sauce back on the stove over low heat. Whisk constantly until the sauce has thickened slightly. (If it's overcooked, the sauce will curdle).
- Keep the sauce warm until serving.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Famous Dave’s Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory New York Cheesecake Recipe
- Applebee’s Apple Chimi Cheesecake Recipe
- Snickers Candy Bar
- Cheesecake Factory White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake Recipe
- Girl Scouts Samoa Cookies Recipe
- Watergate Hotel Mom’s Apple Crisp Recipe
- Snickers Cupcakes
- Bennigan’s Strawberry Cheesecake
- Cracker Jack Home Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls Recipe
- Chocolate Oreo Mudslide Cheesecake Recipe
- IHOP Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- Waffle House Hash Browns Restaurant Recipe
- Snickers Cheesecake Recipe
- Starbuck’s Love Bean Frappuccino Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Bread Pudding is by JeffreyW and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Thank you, Jeff. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Mimi’s Cafe Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!