Chocolate is good. Oreos are good. Cheesecakes are good. What if we put them all together in a Chocolate Oreo Mudslide Cheesecake Recipe? Answer – Yeah, It is GOOD.
Photo by m kasahara
Chocolate Oreo Mudslide Cheesecake
Chocolate Oreo Mudslide Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Oreo Cookie Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Butter melted
- 1/2 cup chopped Almonds
- 4 8-ounce packages Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 4 extra large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Whipping Cream
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips melted
- 12 Chocolate-Creme-Filled Oreo Cookies each cut in half
- 1 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
For Chocolate Crust
- Mix together cookie crumbs, butter and almonds until blended.
- Press evenly into bottom and 1-inch up sides of a 9 1/2-inch springform pan.
- Set aside.
For Cheesecake Filling
- In large bowl of an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until thoroughly blended. Blend in cream and vanilla and beat 3 to 4 minutes longer. Beat in melted chocolate, beating 2 minutes more.
- Turn 1/2 of filling into crust, spreading evenly.
- Top with a single layer of cookie halves (using them all).
- Carefully top with remaining filling, spreading evenly and smoothing top.
- Bake in preheated 400°F. oven 20 minutes.
- Without opening oven, reduce oven temperature to 300° F. and continue baking 40 to 45 minutes longer until cheesecake is set around edges but still jiggles slightly in center.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until well chilled, 4 hours or longer. Run a sharp knife around edge of pan to loosen cake.
- Combine chocolate chips and cream in a 1-quart glass measure. Heat in microwave oven on high power 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until smooth when stirred. Stir in butter, until melted, and vanilla.
- Refrigerate until thickened to spreading consistency, about 25 to 30 minutes or longer.
- Spread evenly on top of cake and return to refrigerator until firm.
- To serve, cut into slices with sharp knife. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory New York Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Factory’s White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Oreo Mudslide Cocktail
- More Coming Soon
The Cheesecake Bible: Includes 200 Recipes
This delightfully creamy dessert is actually easier to make than other traditional cakes, and it is incredibly impressive for family or guests.
These recipes provide everything needed for a perfect cheesecake every time. And the wonderful array of flavors from classic vanilla to chocolate, citrus and nutty will delight all.
Photo of Chocolate Oreo Mudslide Cheesecake by m kasahara and used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Email Buttons below to SHARE our Chocolate Oreo Mudslide Cheesecake Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!