Make our Applebee’s Wonton Tacos Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Wonton Tacos will taste just like Applebee’s.
You get 3 tacos in an appetizer order at Applebee’s. This recipe makes 4 — because the math is easier and you’ll want at least one more anyway.
Applebee’s Wonton Tacos Recipe
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons Stir Fry Sauce
- 8 tablespoons Asian Sesame Vinegarette Dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, or more as needed
- 1/2 cup Cole Slaw Mix (pre-packaged, from the produce section)
- 3 tablespoons Cole Slaw Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
- 4 Wonton Wrappers
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped, to garnish
- Sliced Almonds, to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Brush the wonton wrappers lightly with olive oil.
- Drape them over a taco rack (Click HERE or see below) or wide edged baking pan to create a taco shape.
- Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes or until shells are golden brown and crispy.
- Toss the chicken cubes with the stir fry sauce, 3 tablespoons Asian dressing, soy sauce and teriyaki sauce.
- Heat a skillet or wok with enough olive oil to coat the bottom.
- Add chicken to the hot oil and stir fry until chicken is done.
- Add pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining tablespoon of Asian dressing with the coleslaw dressing.
- Add in the coleslaw mix and green onions and toss to coat.
- Take the taco shaped wontons and fill them 1/4 the way up with cooked chicken.
- Add the slaw, then top with chopped cilantro and almonds.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
Cuisinart Non-Stick Taco Grilling Rack
The rack is contoured to hold 4 tacos for assembly and melting right at the grill or oven.
Grill or cook up your meats. Then simply fill the slots with your favorite tortilla and fill them up. Drop the lid on the grill or place the rack in the oven and let it melt for a minute and you’ll have toasty, melted tacos ready to serve. The shape helps distribute heat and prevent tortillas from burning and the non-stick coating makes clean up a breeze.
The Cuisinart Taco Grilling Rack is the perfect way to fire up a fiesta at your grill or kitchen.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Buffalo Wild Wings Buffalito
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Applebee’s Wonton Tacos is by Elsie Hui and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Applebee’s Wonton Tacos Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!