Make our Chili’s Fire-Roasted Corn Guacamole Recipe at home for your next party or anytime you want to enjoy fresh Mexican Flavor.
Photo by Mike McCormick
Chili’s Fire-Roasted Corn Guacamole
A Chili’s Copycat Recipe
Chili's Fire-Roasted Corn Guacamole Recipe
- Oil enough for deep frying
- 1 - 2 ears Corn
- 1 - 2 whole Jalapeños
- 4 Avocados
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo store bought or homemade
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 4 teaspoons Cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Salt to taste
- Grated Cotija Cheese to garnish
- Warm Tortilla Chips to serve
- Salsa store bought or homemade, to serve
- In a deep fryer or on the stovetop in a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil to 350°F.
- Preheat grill to hot fire.
- Husk and wash corn.
- When oil is hot deep fry corn for 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Place jalapeños in hot oil and deep fry for 1 minute. Remove.
- Place corn and jalapenos on grill. Cook, turning, until lightly blackened evenly on all sides. Alternately, blacken under the broiler, turning frequently. Remove from grill (or oven) and allow to cool enough to touch.
- Remove corn kernels from cob. Measure out 1 cup of kernels. Set aside.
- Remove stem from jalapeño. Finely chop. Set aside.
- When Ready to Enjoy Guacamole
- Starting at the top, with a very sharp knife, cut down into each avocado until you hit the pit. Cut completely around the avocado, top to bottom, touching the pit the entire time.
- Pull the two halves of the avocado apart and remove the pit with a spoon.
- Use the spoon to scoop the avocado out of the skin. (Some people like to score the avocado with a knife before scooping.) Make sure to gently scrap the skin to get the dark, creamy "good stuff."
- Place 2/3 to 3/4 of the softest avocados in a mixing bowl. Using a fork, roughly mash them.
- Place the remaining firmest avocados on a cutting board or plate and chop into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces. Add these to the mashed avocado in the bowl and mix well.
- Add pico de gallo, roasted corn kernels, roasted jalapeños, lime juice, cilantro and salt.
- Sprinkle with cotija cheese.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips and salsa.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Corn Roasted Guacamole @ Chili’s Grill & Bar” is by Mike McCormick and is used by permission under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) Creative Commons License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/legalcode. Thank you, Mike. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!