Make our Baja Fresh Shrimp Tacos Recipe at home tonight for your family. They are easy to make and delicious.
Photo by Jason Lam
Baja Fresh Shrimp Tacos
A Baja Fresh Copycat Recipe
Baja Fresh Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- 1/4 Avocado or 1/4 cup Guacamole store bought or homemade
- Enough Oil to cook the Shrimp
- 4 ounces medium Shrimp (about 10 Shrimp), peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce of choice
- 1 small Tomato chopped
- 1 small Onion chopped
- Handful Cilantro chopped fine
- Freshly squeezed Lemon and/or Lime Juice to taste
- Two 6-inch Street Taco Corn Tortillas
- If using fresh avocado, starting at the top, with a very sharp knife, cut down into each avocado until you hit the pit. Cut completely around the avocado, top to bottom, touching the pit the entire time.
- Pull the two halves of the avocado apart and remove the pit with a spoon.
- Use the spoon to scoop the avocado out of the skin. Chop and set aside.
- Coat the bottom of a skillet with oil.
- Place over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, cook shrimp until just starting to turn pink. Do not overcook.
- Add water and hot sauce to shrimp. Cook, stirring, for a few minutes until water evaporates.
- Add chopped tomato and onion.
- Squeeze lemon and/or lime juice into skillet.
- Remove skillet from heat once shrimp are firm.
- Place tortillas in another skillet over medium heat. Cook for 20 seconds or so on each side until softened.
- Place tortillas on a plate. Top with chopped cilantro and avocado. Add shrimp mixture.
- Serve warm.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Shrimp and Mahi Mahi Fish Taco – Baja Fresh is by Jason Lam and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Jason. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!