Make our O’Charlies Baked Potato Soup Recipe at home tonight for your family. Our Secret Restaurant Recipe for their Baked Potato Soup tastes just like O’Charlies’.
UPDATE – Yes, somehow we misspelled O’Charley’s on this post. But we decided to leave it because it is getting quite a few visitors. Apparently, we are not the only one who spell it the wrong way. If you like, you can view the correctly spelled post at O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup. The 2 posts and recipes are exactly the same except for the spelling.
O’Charlie’s is a VERY regional restaurant — mainly in the Midwest.
But even if you have never eaten at an O’Charlie’s or even heard of them, you are gonna LOVE O’Charlie’s Baked Potato Soup Restaurant Recipe.
Trust me — It’s everything potato soup should be — creamy, cheesy, bacon-y (is that a word?) — and then some!
- 3 pounds Red Potatoes
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 quarts Half-and-Half
- 1 pound block Velveeta Cheese, melted
- White Pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 pounds Bacon, fried crisply
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh Chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for 10 minutes or until almost cooked.
- In a separate large Dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth.
- Place over low heat and gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.
- Add melted Velveeta. Stir well.
- Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture.
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year
This tantalizing collection of 365 recipes offers a soup for each day of the year. From January to December, you’ll find daily inspiration and a seasonal soup that will satisfy any craving or fit any occasion.
From refreshing gazpachos in summer to slow-simmered stews in winter, light broths with noodles and greens in spring to warming root vegetable purées come fall, a delicious option awaits. With this book as your guide, find the perfect soup to match each season’s ingredients, weather, and sensibility.
Full-color photographs enhance many of the recipes inside to help guide your cooking. You can start your soup-making journey at any time—just open this book, check the calendar, and you’ll be inspired to create a new soup du jour every day of the year.
Photo of Baked Potato Soup is by WhitneyInChicago – Visit Whitney’s blog here – http://whitneyinchicago.wordpress.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our O’Charlies Baked Potato Soup Restaurant Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!