Make our O’Charlies Baked Potato Soup Recipe at home tonight for your family. Our Secret Restaurant Recipe for their Baked Potato Soup tastes just like O’Charlies’.
O’Charlies Baked Potato Soup Restaurant Recipe
UPDATE - Yes, I misspelled O’Charley’s on this post. But I decided to leave it because it is getting quite a few visitors. So, apparently, I am not the only one who spells it the wrong way. If you like, you can view the correctly spelled post at O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup. The 2 posts and recipes are exactly the same except for the spelling.
O’Charlies is a VERY regional restaurant — mainly in the Midwest.
But even if you have never eaten at an O’Charlies or even heard of them, you are gonna LOVE O’Charlies Baked Potato Soup Restaurant Recipe.
Trust me — It’s everything potato soup should be — creamy, cheesy, bacon-y (is that a word?) — and then some!
3 lbs. Red Potatoes
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1/4 cup Flour
2 quarts Half-and-Half
1 pound block Velveeta Cheese, melted
White Pepper, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
1 teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce
1/2 pounds Bacon, fried crisply
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup fresh Chives, chopped
1/2 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
1. Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Place in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil.
3. Let boil for 10 minutes or until almost cooked.
4. In a separate large Dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth.
5. Place over low heat and gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.
6. Add melted Velveeta. Stir well.
7. Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture.
8. Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.
9. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our O’Charlies Baked Potato Soup Restaurant Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!