Make our Bennigans Hot Bacon Dressing Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Hot Bacon Dressing will taste just like Bennigan’s.
Photo by Renee Comet
Bennigan’s Hot Bacon Dressing
I’ve never been to Bennigan’s. Not even sure if we have any in Louisville. But when a reader sent me this dressing, I had to try it. I can’t tell you if it tastes like the original — but I can tell you it’s reeeeeal good!
Bennigan's Hot Bacon Dressing Recipe
- 2 ounces Bacon Grease
- 1/4 pound Red Onion diced very fine
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco optional
- Place the bacon grease in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and saute until the onions start to blacken.
- While the onions are caramelizing, in a mixing bowl place the water, honey, pepper sauce, and red wine vinegar.
- Using a wire whisk, mix the ingredients well.
- Add the cornstarch and whisk well.
- After the onions have caramelized, add the Dijon mustard to the onions and stir together with a rubber spatula.
- Add the water, vinegar, pepper sauce, honey and cornstarch to the mustard and onions and mix.
- Continue stirring until mix thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and store in refrigerator until needed.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Bennigan’s Cheese and Bacon Potato Skins
- Arby’s Brown Sugar Bacon BLT
- Olive Garden Salad and Dressing Recipe
- Applebee’s Wonton Tacos
- California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza
- KFC Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Checkers / Rally’s Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad
- Cosi Signature Salad Recipe
- Benihana Ginger Salad Dressing Recipe
- Kraft Catalina French Salad Dressing Recipe
- Famous Dave’s Shakin’ the Shack Potato Salad Recipe
- Golden Corral Seafood Salad Recipe
- Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad Recipe
- J. Alexander’s Orzo and Wild Rice Salad Recipe
- O’Charley’s Pecan Chicken Tender Salad Recipe
- Suddenly Salad Ranch and Bacon Pasta Salad Recipe
- The Original Brown Derby Cobb Salad Recipe
- Homemade Totino’s Pizza Rolls Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Bacon is by Renee Comet and is in the Public Domain – This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States Federal Government under the terms of Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 105 of the US Code. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!