Make our Old Spaghetti Factory Spaghetti with Burnt Butter Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Spaghetti with Burnt Butter will taste just like Old Spaghetti Factory’s.
Photo by Max – Darktek13
Old Spaghetti Factory Spaghetti with Burnt Butter
There is a terrific dish served by The Old Spaghetti Factory. It is easy, inexpensive, simple and everyone loves it. Careful because can be addictive.
It is served topped with a mixture of shredded Parmesan and Mizithra cheese. Mizithra is a Greek hard cheese. If Mizithra is not available, a blend of Ricotta Salata and Romano is suggested.
We suggest you make the browned butter ahead of time and keep it on hand. That makes this recipe super easy to put together. Plus the browned butter works great in other recipes too.
Old Spaghetti Factory Spaghetti with Burnt Butter Recipe
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Mizithra Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Spaghetti or other Pasta of choice
- Cut butter into tablespoon-sized pieces and place in a 2-quart sauce pan. Place the pan of butter on a burner on medium heat. Bring butter to a slow boil, about 5 minutes.
- Once the butter begins to boil, stir constantly to prevent residue from sticking to the bottom of the pan. As the butter cooks, it will start to foam and rise. Continue stirring, about 5 minutes, otherwise the butter foam could overflow and catch fire.
- Once the butter stops foaming and rising, cook until amber in color, about 1 - 2 minutes. It will have a pleasant caramel aroma.
- Turn off the heat and remove pan from burner. Let the sediment settle to the bottom of the pan for a few minutes.
- Pour the brown butter through a strainer into a small bowl. Do not disturb the residue at the bottom of the pan.
- The brown butter can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated in a microwave as needed.
- Boil the pasta of choice until Al Dente. Drain pasta and divide into four servings. Spread 1/4 cup of cheese over each pasta serving. Top with 1/4 cup of hot brown butter.
Extra Virgin Recipes & Love from Our Tuscan Kitchen
In Extra Virgin, food, family, and style come together in a celebration of the pleasures of the rustic Italian table with 120 recipes for simple yet exquisite meals that are accessible, full of fresh flavor, and easy to prepare. Gabriele is a traditional Italian with a big heart, and Debi is an outgoing, brash New York City girl. Their sassy and playful exchanges illuminate what’s important in everyday life: good food and a lot of love.
Ranging from traditional antipasti and soups to their spin on entrees, pizzas, and desserts, recipes include Pecorino and Honey Dip, a sweet and salty way to start a meal; tangy, luscious Grilled Apricots with Goat Cheese Ricotta, inspired by wild Tuscan apricot trees; and Sausage and Beans, which offers hints of fennel in a Tuscan red sauce. Here, too, are Braised Artichokes softened in guanciale-infused oil, Breakfast Pizza, and Coffee Granita just as Italians make it.
So flag these recipes, get sauce on them, let splashes of olive oil mark the pages—and invite Debi and Gabriele’s charisma and passion for cooking to spill into your kitchen.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill Fonduta Gamberi Recipe
- Olive Garden Marsala Chicken Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Buttery Dinner Rolls and Cinnamon Butter Recipes Recipe
- California Pizza Kitchen Chicken Tequila Fettuccine Recipe
- Golden Corral Seafood Salad Recipe
- Olive Garden Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill Bread Dip Recipe
- Red Lobster Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
- Olive Garden Chianti Braised Short Ribs Recipe
- Phillips Crab Fettuccini Alfredo Recipe
- O’Charley’s Prime Rib Pasta Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad Recipe
- Carrabba’s Lobster Ravioli Recipe
- Olive Garden’s Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Old Spaghetti Factory’s Spaghetti with Burnt Butter is by Max – Darktek13 and is used by permission under the Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Max. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission. Recipe courtesy of two former OSF Chefs
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Old Spaghetti Factory Spaghetti with Burnt Butter Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!