Make our Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken Restaurant Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Alice Springs Chicken will taste just like Outback Steakhouse’s.
Alice Springs Chicken is one of the most popular dishes at Outback and my favorite dinner — though overall it might lose out to the Bloomin’ Onion as my favorite thing on the menu.
Even though it looks fancy and tastes so good, it is super-easy to make at home. There really isn’t much to it at all.
However there is one thing — Every Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken recipe we could find was pretty good at reproducing the very tasty chicken part of the dinner but falls short on the Honey Mustard. They either just say to buy some Honey Mustard or they include a very weak recipe.
Luckily, we can do better. We have a recipe for “The Best Honey Mustard You’ve Ever Tasted.”
Whip up a batch before you make the Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken. You won’t be sorry.
Outback Steakhouse’s Alice Springs Chicken Restaurant Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, about 1/2-inch thick
- McCormick’s Season All (Make Your Own – Recipe Below)
- Oil, for frying
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 8 slices Bacon, sliced in half
- 1 cup sliced Button Mushrooms
- 3 cups shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- The Best Honey Mustard You’ve Ever Tasted
- Make a batch of The Best Honey Mustard You’ve Ever Tasted. Heck, make a double batch — you’ll love it.
- Rub chicken breasts on both sides with Season All. Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
- Fry bacon crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all the bacon grease except about 1 tablespoon. Save the removed bacon grease.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the 1 tablespoon bacon grease until they are soft. Remove and set aside.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and sauté on medium heat in same pan with just enough added bacon grease to prevent sticking. Turn chicken and cook until you have a slight golden color on each side and they are cooked in the middle but not dry.
- Remove chicken breasts from pan and place in a 9 x 13 oven-safe dish.
- Brush chicken breasts with honey mustard, cover with a layer of mushrooms, layer 4 1/2-slices of bacon and then cover the whole thing completely with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Serve extra honey mustard on the side for dipping.
Note – Several of the recipes we found call for adding 2 tablespoons Dried Onion Flakes to the Honey Mustard. We don’t think this recipe needs it – but it doesn’t really hurt it either. If you would like to try this, just add them in when you are making your batch of The Best Honey Mustard You’ve Ever Tasted.
McCormick’s Season All
- 2 tablespoons Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mustard Powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Thyme Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Celery Seed
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into a shaker with large holes or store in a small dish with a plastic lid.
Save any you don’t use in the Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken Recipe to use for other things. In an airtight container it should keep practically forever.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it. CLICK HERE NOW to Sign-Up.
Photo of Alice Springs Chicken is by ak37 – Rendy and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Outback Steakhouse’s Alice Springs Chicken Restaurant Recipe with your Friends! And don’t forget the Best Honey Mustard They’ve Ever Tasted!
It only takes a minute and they will adore you for it!