Burger King no longer makes their Chicken Fires. But you can make some that are fairly close and really good at home for your family anytime with our Secret Restaurant Recipe. Your Chicken Fries will taste just like you remember them from Burger King.
Photo by Willis Lam
Burger King Chicken Fries
Burger King’s Whopper has always been one of my favorite burgers from the big fast food chains. (It can’t carry the shoes of In-N-Out’s wonderful Animal-Style Burger, of course, but good for a chain burger.)
I honestly didn’t try the chicken fries before BK discontinued them, but several people have written, asking for the recipe. One of my friends tells me this one is close. If you make them, please let us know what you think and, if necessary, how we can improve them.
Burger King Chicken Fries Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Zatarain's Dry Mix for coating meats
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Oil for frying
- Various dipping sauces, such as barbecue sauce, honey mustard or ranch, dressing for serving.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts. Then cut them down the middle to separate the breast halves.
- Next cut into the shape of chicken fries with meat scissors or a knife.
- Put flour and Fish Fri into separate resealable plastic bags.
- Lightly beat the egg with one tablespoon water. Shake four chicken fries at a time in the flour, shake off the excess, dip in egg wash.
- Shake off the excess, then shake in Fish Fry. Place the chicken fries on a plate to reserve for frying.
- Heat one inch of oil in a skillet to medium hot. Fry chicken fries in batches so they do not touch, turning, until they are golden brown.
- Drain chicken fries on paper towels and serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
Follow Us to Get ALL of Our Latest Recipes
Get All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes as Soon as We Publish Them
Just Follow Us on on Your Favorite Social Media Sites and Never Miss a New Recipe.
Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Ruby Tuesday Onion Straws
- McDonalds Bacon McDouble Recipe
- The Classic Chicago Hot Dog
- A&W Papa Burger
- In-n-Out Burger Animal-Style Burger Recipe
- McDonald’s Egg McMuffins Recipe
- Red Robin’s Chili
- Bobby Flay’s Texas Burgers Recipe
- McDonald’s Big Mac and Special Sauce Recipe
- Burger King Big King Burger Recipe
- A&W BBQ Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- McDonald’s McRib Recipe
- Applebee’s Bruschetta Burger Recipe
- Hardee’s Mushroom and Swiss Burger
- Burger King Whopper and Angry Whopper Recipe
- White Castle “Sliders” Burger Recipe
- Cosi Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Flatbread Sandwiches Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Burger King Chicken Fries by Willis Lam and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License. Thank you, Willis. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Email Buttons below to SHARE our Burger King Chicken Fries Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!