Take your grilling game up several levels with this chef-created recipe – Longhorn Steakhouse Hickory Salt-Crusted Strip Steak Recipe with delicious LongHorn Steak Butter.
Photo by Kurman Communications, Inc
Longhorn Steakhouse Hickory Salt-Crusted Strip Steak
A Longhorn Steakhouse Copycat Recipe
For a time Longhorn Steakhouse has offered up grilling tips for the home Weekend Griller on their Expert Griller by Longhorn Steakhouse website. While these exact recipes are not available in the restaurant – they are created by the Longhorn Steakhouse chefs and inspired by what is on their menu.
Longhorn Steakhouse Hickory Salt-Crusted Strip Steak Recipe is one of these recipes from 2015
Longhorn Steakhouse Hickory Salt-Crusted Strip Steak Recipe
- Four 10-ounce New York Strip Steaks
- 3 tablespoons Salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped Parsley
- Longhorn Steak Butter (Recipe below)
- Make sure your charcoal or gas grill grates are cleaned well.
- Oil grill grates with a spray bottle or hand towel dipped in canola oil.
- Heat grill to 550°F.
- Season both sides of strip steaks with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Rub in with your hand.
- Place seasoned steaks on grill.
- Grill to your desired degree of doneness (see chart below), turning once.
- Remove steaks from grill.
- Plate with warm Longhorn Steak Butter and sprinkle of fresh-chopped parsley.
Steak Degrees of Doneness
- Rare: 95 – 105°F. Cool deep red center.
- Medium Rare: 115 – 125°F. Warm red center with a hint of pink.
- Medium: 130 – 140°F. Warm pink center.
- Medium Well: 150 – 160°F. Some pink in the center but mostly cooked through.
- Well: 165 – 175°F. No pink, cooked all the way through.
Courtesy of Longhorn Steakhouse
Longhorn Steakhouse Steak Butter Recipe
- 1/6 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Molasses
- 1/8 cup White Miso
- 1 teaspoon dry Mustard Powder
- 1 tablespoon stone ground Mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Smoked Sweet Paprika
- Zest of 1/2 a Lime
- 6 tablespoons unsalted Butter cubed and chilled
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped Parsley for color
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce, molasses, miso, mustard, paprika and lime zest. Whisk to combine.
- Pour into a small saucepan and set over medium-high heat.
- Allow mixture to come to a boil, then remove from heat and immediately add in cubed butter, one piece at a time, stirring until no streaks of butter remain.
- Taste. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper (it may or may not need more salt, depending on how salty your miso is).
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Perry’s New York Strip Steak is by Kurman Communications, Inc and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Kurman. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe adapted from Longhorn Steakhouse’s Website, circa 2015, “Legendary Summer Recipes” Page by way of the Wayback Machine on the Internet Archive. From the Legendary Summer Recipes, “Flex your grill muscles with these recipes from the original grill heroes—our LongHorn® Grill Masters.” Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!