Make Applebee’s Chocolate Sin Cake at home tonight for your family. Our Secret Restaurant Recipe for their Chocolate Sin Cake tastes just like Applebees’.
If Applebees Chocolate Sin Cake isn’t your new favorite dessert at Applebee’s — it soon will be. 😉
Applebee’s Chocolate Sin Cake Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 6 oz. semisweet Chocolate
- 2 oz. bitter Chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs, at room temperature
- 4 Egg Yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 10 oz. package frozen Red Raspberries in heavy syrup, thawed
- 1 pint fresh Raspberries
- 12 triangular Cookies or Chocolate Pieces
- 12 sprigs fresh Mint
- Butter (or coat with no-stick cooking spray) sides and bottoms of 12 4-oz. ramekins and set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, combine semisweet chocolate, bitter chocolate, butter and vanilla.
- When butter and chocolate are melted, stir to blend and set aside.
- In large bowl of mixer, combine eggs, egg yolks and brown sugar and beat on high 5-7 minutes or until thick and quadrupled in volume.
- Reduce speed to low and add cornstarch, one tablespoon at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition.
- Increase speed to high and beat 5 minutes or until mixture stands in soft peaks.
- With a rubber spatula, fold the chocolate into the egg mixture, scraping the bottom and sides of bowl frequently.
- Divide batter between prepared ramekins and bake in preheated 375 degree oven 10 minutes (cake will be light crusted with a soft center).
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve, then run a knife blade around edges of cake to separate cake from ramekin. Invert ramekin on serving plate. Lift ramekin, leaving cake in center of plate.
- Pour thawed raspberries in blender and puree. Strain and discard seeds.
- Ladle raspberry coulis around cake and garnish with fresh raspberries, triangular cookie or chocolate piece and mint.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake
- Chili’s Molten Chocolate Cake
- Applebee’s Wonton Tacos
- Chocolate Oreo Mudslide Cheesecake
- Applebee’s Apple Chimi Cheesecake
Photo of Chocolate Lava Cake is by nonstory and is featured on Foodspotting. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Applebee’s Chocolate Sin Cake Secret Recipe with your Chocolate-Lovin’ Friends!
It only takes a minute and you know they will love it!