Make our Applebee’s Beer Cheese Recipe at home for your next party or ballgame. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Beer Cheese will taste just like Applebee’s.
Photo by Lindsey Turner
Applebee’s Beer Cheese
From the Applebee’s Menu;
“White cheddar mixed with craft beer and roasted garlic creates a savory dip served alongside warm pretzel sticks seasoned with sesame seeds, coarse salt and crushed red pepper. Comes with Honey Dijon mustard sauce.”
Applebee's Beer Cheese Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 bottle Blue Moon Beer
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Colby Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Sharp White Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Paprika or Cayenne Pepper Powder to garnish
- Melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add flour. Whisk to combine until smooth and continue cooking for about 1 minute.
- Continue to whisk and slowly add in the beer and milk.
- Add garlic, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir constantly for about 5 - 10 minutes, until thickened. The sauce should coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in both cheeses and hot sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a nice bowl, garish with a dash of paprika or cayenne pepper powder and serve immediately while still warm.
- Serve with warm pretzels, like Applebee's, toast points, crostini and/or crudités for dipping.
Follow Us to Get ALL of Our Latest Recipes
Applebee’s also includes a small pot of Honey Dijon Mustard Sauce for dipping. We have an easy recipe for delicious Honey Mustard Sauce. Just click the link below now and you can include some with your Beer Cheese just like Applebee’s:
Get All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes as Soon as We Publish Them
Just Follow Us on on Your Favorite Social Media Sites and Never Miss a New Recipe.
Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Auntie Anne’s Soft Pretzels Recipe
- Queso Blanco Dip (White Cheese Dip) Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse TNT Cheese Dip Recipe
- Bobby Flay’s FoodNation Vidalia Onion Dip Recipe
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Beer Cheese and Pretzels is by Lindsey Turner and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Thank you, Lindsey. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Applebee’s Beer Cheese Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!