Make our Applebee’s Santa Fe Stuffed Chicken Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Santa Fe Chicken will taste just like Applebee’s.
Photo by Paula Belotti
Applebee’s Santa Fe Stuffed Chicken
Applebee's Santa Fe Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 8 skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 8-ounce (or larger) package Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 small red Bell Pepper
- 1 small green Bell Pepper
- Cut some of the cheese into 8 slices, and reserve part of it for the cheese sauce.
- Place one chicken breast between two sheets of wax paper. Working from the center to the edges pound with a meat mallet until flat and rectangular shaped. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Wrap the flattened chicken breasts around cheese. Secure with wooden picks or uncooked spaghetti noodles.
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, cumin and pepper.
- Roll the secured chicken pieces in the melted butter and then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken breasts in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, but don't crowd them.
- Drizzle the remaining butter over all eight of the breasts.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze to bake later (baking time will be increased by about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Make a roux with butter and flour.
- Add about 1 cup milk.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add cheese and lower the heat, stirring constantly so cheese does not burn.
- Add more milk as needed to thin out the cheese sauce.
- Dice bell peppers.
- When chicken is done, pour some cheese sauce over top and sprinkle with diced peppers.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Popeyes Extra-Crispy Spicy Fried Chicken Recipe
- Applebee’s Grilled Chicken Wonton Tacos Recipe
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill Champagne Chicken
- TGI Friday’s Sizzling Chicken and Cheese Recipe
- Marco Pierre White’s Chicken Chasseur
- Applebee’s Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Burger King Chicken Fries Recipe
- Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ruby Tuesday Chicken Quesadillas Restaurant Recipe
- Cafe Rio Chicken Recipe
- Applebee’s Santa Fe Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Smoke and Pickles: Recipes and Stories from a New Southern Kitchen
Raised in Brooklyn by a family of Korean immigrants, he eventually settled down in his adopted hometown of Louisville, Kentucky, where he owns the acclaimed restaurant 610 Magnolia.
A multiple James Beard Award nominee for his unique patchwork cuisine, Edward creates recipes–filled with pickling, fermenting, frying, curing, and smoking–that reflect the overlapping flavors and techniques that led this Korean-American boy to feel right at home in the South.
Dishes like Chicken-Fried Pork Steak with Ramen Crust and Buttermilk Pepper Gravy; Collards and Kimchi; Braised Beef Kalbi with Soft Grits and Scallions; and Miso-Smothered Chicken all share a place on his table.
Born with the storytelling gene of a true Southerner, Lee fills his debut cookbook with tales of the restaurant world, New York City, Kentucky, and his time competing on Top Chef, plus more than 130 exceptional recipes for food with Korean roots and Southern soul.
Photo of Santa Fe Stuffed Chicken is courtesy of Paula Belotti from Foodspotting. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Email Buttons below to SHARE our Applebee’s Santa Fe Stuffed Chicken Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!