Make our Applebee’s Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Tortilla Soup will taste just like Applebee’s.
Applebee’s Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Pepper (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) cans Tomato Puree
- 1 teaspoon finely minced Jalapeno Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce (optional)
- 4 teaspoons Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 pound cooked Chicken, cubed
- 1 cup Cream
- 1/4 cup fat free Sour Cream
- 8 ounces processed Cheese, 1-inch cubes
- 10 (6 inch) Corn Tortillas, 1/4-inch strips, fried
- Fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- Sauté oil, garlic and onions in large pan or Dutch oven until soft.
- Add everything else except the cheese, tortillas and cilantro. Bring to low boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cut tortillas into 1/4-inch strips and fry in oil or spray with oil and bake at 400ºF (while soup is cooking). Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Thoroughly mix flour and water, then whisk into soup.
- Bring to a low boil, then simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and cheese (more or less of each, depending on taste). Ensure 165ºF serving temperature.
- After serving soup, pile tortilla strips into a “haystack” shape on top of the soup.
Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Applebees Chicken Totilla Soup is by James – http://www.youtube.com/user/powerplantop and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Applebee’s Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!