Make our Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe at home tonight for your family. Our Secret Restaurant Recipe for their Broccoli Soup tastes just like Panera Bread’s.
I like to enjoy Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup as it is served at Panera, in a bread bowl.
You can make your own bread bowls at home and there are plenty of good recipes on the web for doing so.
I tried making bread bowls once upon a long ago time — and now I just stop by the bakery and pick up a couple.
I strongly suggest you save yourself the trouble and do the same.
Hey, those guys are professionals. Let them do what they do.
Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1/2 medium Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 2 cups Chicken Stock or Bouillon
- 1/2 pound fresh Broccoli
- 1 cup Carrots, julienned
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 8 ounces grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Saute the onion in butter and set aside.
- Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add in the half-and-half (you are making a roux).
- Add the chicken stock whisking all the time.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and onions.
- Cook over low heat until the veggies are tender for 20-25 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- The soup should be thickened by now. Pour in batches into blender and puree.
- Return to pot over low heat and add the grated cheese; stir until well blended.
- Stir in the nutmeg and serve.
Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year
This tantalizing collection of 365 recipes offers a soup for each day of the year. From January to December, you’ll find daily inspiration and a seasonal soup that will satisfy any craving or fit any occasion.
From refreshing gazpachos in summer to slow-simmered stews in winter, light broths with noodles and greens in spring to warming root vegetable purées come fall, a delicious option awaits. With this book as your guide, find the perfect soup to match each season’s ingredients, weather, and sensibility.
Full-color photographs enhance many of the recipes inside to help guide your cooking. You can start your soup-making journey at any time—just open this book, check the calendar, and you’ll be inspired to create a new soup du jour every day of the year.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Gordon Ramsay’s Broccoli Soup
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Potato-Leek-Mushroom Soup – a Traditional Scottish Soup
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Broccoli Cheese Soup in a Bread Bowl is by Dave77459 and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!