Make Applebee’s Baby Back Ribs Recipe at home tonight for your family. Our Secret Restaurant Recipe for their Baby Back Ribs tastes just like Applebees’.
Baby Back Ribs are the most popular item on Applebee’s menu and are incredibly easy to make at home with our Applebee’s Baby Back Ribs Secret Recipe.
The BBQ sauce is surprisingly simple and has only 6 — count them 6! — ingredients.
I usually make 2 batches of the sauce. One for basting and one for dipping at the table.
- 3 racks of Baby-Back Pork Ribs, each rack cut in half (about one pound each)
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Put ribs in a large pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat becomes fork-tender.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring often, 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Preheat broiler.
- Line broiler pan with foil for easy cleanup.
- Place ribs, meat side down, on broiler-pan rack, brush with 1/2 the sauce and broil 4 – 5 inches from heat source for 6 – 7 minutes.
- Turn ribs over, brush with remaining sauce and broil 6 – 7 minutes longer or until edges are just slightly charred.
(This is how Applebee’s does it. Boiling is a quick and easy cooking technique for ribs that is good for restaurants. But is not the best way to cook them. See the Weekend Grillers’ Ribs Page on my BBQ website The Weekend Grillers for better techniques you can use at home.)
Serve with dipping sauce if you followed my advice and made two batches.
Makes about 4 servings for normal people or 1 serving for a True BBQ Fanatic. 😉
Takes about 1 1/4 hours with about 4 minutes actual work time.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Tony Roma’s BBQ Baby Back Ribs and BBQ Sauce
- Hard Rock Cafe Baby Rock Watermelon Ribs
- Applebee’s Bahama Mama
The Weekend Grillers — BBQ and Grilling Supersite.
You’ll find recipes for all your grill favorites — from grilled appetizers clear through to grilled desserts and everything in between — including pages on steak, ribs, chicken, burgers, fish and much more. In addition you can learn the best tricks and tips from some of the biggest names in the BBQ and Grilling World.
Oh, heck. You love good food and this is some of the very best stuff on Earth. So just go check it out.
Photo of Ribs is by Lippo – Mike LaPlante and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Applebee’s Baby Back Ribs Secret Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!