Make our Bonefish Grill Diablo Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Shrimp Fettuccine will taste just like what you get at Bonefish.
Shrimp with tomatoes, capers, onions, green chiles, spinach fettuccine in garlic cream sauce.
Diablo Shrimp Fettuccine
- 1 pound medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined if desired (31 to 35 per pound size)
- 1 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper Flakes (or more, to taste)
- 6 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Salt
- 1/4 cup Cognac or 1/4 cup Brandy
- 1/4 cup minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 (28 ounce) can Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup dry White Wine
- 1 pound dried Fettuccine Pasta
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Parsley leaves
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in large Dutch oven or stockpot.
- Heat 12-inch heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat for 4 minutes.
- Toss shrimp with half of red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add shrimp to hot skillet and quickly arrange in single layer.
- Sear until bottom of shrimp forms small spot of crust, about 30 seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat, turn shrimp over.
- Add cognac; pause until cognac has warmed slightly, about 5 seconds.
- Return to high heat.
- Wave lit match over pan until cognac ignites, shaking pan.
- Remove shrimp to medium bowl and set aside.
- Allow empty skillet to cool, off heat, for 2 minutes.
- Return to burner over low heat.
- Add 3 tablespoons olive oil and 3 tablespoons garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until garlic foams and becomes sticky and straw colored, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add remaining red pepper flakes and 3/4 teaspoon salt, sugar, tomatoes, and wine.
- Increase heat to medium-high, and simmer until thickened and fragrant, about 8 minutes longer.
- Stir in reserved shrimp (with accumulated juices), remaining 1 tablespoon garlic, and parsley and simmer until shrimp have heated through, about 1 minute longer.
- Off heat, stir in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt to boiling water.
- Stir to separate pasta, and cook until al dente.
- Reserve 1/3 cup pasta cooking water and drain pasta.
- Transfer drained pasta back to now empty Dutch oven or stockpot.
- Add about 1/2 cup sauce (sauce only, no shrimp) and 2 to 3 tablespoons reserved pasta cooking water.
- Toss to coat.
- Divide pasta among warm serving plates.
- Top with a portion of sauce and shrimp.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
The Photo of Bonefish Grill Diablo Shrimp Fettuccine is by Dharma005 on Foodspotting – http://www.foodspotting.com/451025. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Bonefish Grill Diablo Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!