Make our Classic Chicago Hot Dog Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Chicago Dog will make you think you are in Downtown Chicago.
The Classic Chicago Hot Dog Recipe
- 8 Vienna all-beef Hot Dogs
- 8 Hot Dog Buns with Poppy Seeds
- 2 Tomatoes, Cut into thin wedges
- 16 Sports Peppers
- 1 cup Yellow Mustard
- 8 Dill Pickle Spears
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Sweet Pickle Relish (Neon Green if you can find it.)
- Celery Salt, to taste
- Grill or boil hot dogs according to the instructions on the package.
- Remove hot dog and set aside.
- Carefully place a steamer basket into the pot and steam the hot dog bun 2 minutes or until warm. (Optional — but good!)
- Place hot dog in the steamed bun.
- Pile on the toppings in this order (use your own taste preference and judgement for portion sizes except for tomatoes, peppers and pickle): yellow mustard, sweet green pickle relish, onion, 2 tomato wedges, 1 pickle spear, 2 sport peppers and celery salt. The tomatoes should be nestled between the hot dog and the top of the bun. Place the pickle between the hot dog and the bottom of the bun.
- Don’t even think about ketchup!
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of The Classic Chicago Hot Dog is by Jen Waller and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Classic Chicago Hot Dog Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!