Make our P.F. Chang’s China Bistro Crispy Honey Chicken Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Crispy Honey Chicken will taste just like P.F. Chang’s China Bistro’s.
Photo by Mike McCormick
P.F. Chang’s China Bistro Crispy Honey Chicken
P.F. Chang's China Bistro Crispy Honey Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Chicken Breast cut into medium size chunks
- 4 ounces All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 ounces Cornstarch
- 1 Egg
- 6 ounces Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon lite Soy Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- Vegetable Oil for frying + 2 tablespoons, for finishing sauce
- 1/2 cup Sake or Rice Wine
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 3 ounces Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lite Soy Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- Cornstarch Slurry 1/4 cup corn starch mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoons minced Garlic
- Red Bell Pepper and/or Scallions julienned
Make the Batter
- Mix ingredients for the batter together until just combined.
- Place in refrigerator for a couple of hours to rest.
Prepare the Chicken
- Coat chicken well with seasonings and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Prepare the Sauce
- Combine sauce ingredients, mix thoroughly and reserve for serving.
Cook the Chicken
- Pour vegetable oil into fryer or heavy bottomed sauce pot.
- Heat slowly to 340 - 350°F.
- Put 1/4 of the marinated chicken in a clean bowl and pour enough batter over to coat.
- Remove a few pieces at a time from the batter, using slotted spoon or large fork. Shake off excess batter.
- Carefully lower chicken into the hot oil.
- Suspend the chicken until the batter "sets," 20 - 30 seconds. Chicken is done when golden to light brown and crisp.
- Remove to platter with paper towels to drain.
- Repeat for all the chicken.
- Remember to check the oil temperature, it must remain hot.
Finish the Sauce
- Heat the reserved sauce in sauce pan, bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch slurry, a little at a time. The sauce will thicken, let it come to a thickness of "loose honey." Let cook for a minute or two.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok and add some minced garlic, red bell pepper and scallions and stir-fry briefly.
- Add 1/3 to 1/2 of the chicken (depending on pan size) and stir-fry briefly.
- Add enough sauce to just coat chicken. Stir-fry again briefly.
- Serve over crispy noodles, rice or egg noodles or steamed rice
Follow Us to Get ALL of Our Latest Recipes
Every Grain of Rice: Simple Chinese Home Cooking
“A must-have for anyone who wants to cook Chinese food at home, home cooks and professionals alike.”—David Chang, Momofuku
Fuchsia Dunlop trained as a chef in China’s leading Sichuan cooking school and possesses the rare ability to write recipes for authentic Chinese food that you can make at home. Following her two seminal volumes on Sichuan and Hunan cooking, Every Grain of Rice is inspired by the vibrant everyday cooking of southern China, in which vegetables play the starring role, with small portions of meat and fish.
Try your hand at stir-fried potato slivers with chili pepper, vegetarian “Gong Bao Chicken,” sour-and-hot mushroom soup, or, if you’re ever in need of a quick fix, Fuchsia’s emergency late-night noodles. Many of the recipes require few ingredients and are ridiculously easy to make. Fuchsia also includes a comprehensive introduction to the key seasonings and techniques of the Chinese kitchen.
With stunning photography and clear instructions, this is an essential cookbook for everyone, beginner and connoisseur alike, eager to introduce Chinese dishes into their daily cooking repertoire. 150 color photographs
Get All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes as Soon as We Publish Them
Just Follow Us on on Your Favorite Social Media Sites and Never Miss a New Recipe.
Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- O’Charley’s Pecan Chicken Tender Salad Recipe
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Recipe
- Chinese Restaurant-Style Sweet and Sour Sauce
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Crispy Honey Chicken @ P.F. Chang’s China Bistro is by Mike McCormick and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License. Recipe courtesy of WIBR.com, 8/2/2005. Thank you, Mike. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our PF Chang’s China Bistro Crispy Honey Chicken Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!