Make our Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Roast Beef Sandwiches will taste just like Arby’s.
Photo from the Wikimedia Commons
Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwiches
What is that sign — Hat, side of beef or oven mitt? We’ll tell you in a moment. But first, a little background to explain…
The History of Arby’s
In 1949 a young fellow in Youngstown, Ohio named Forrest Raffel teamed up with his even younger brother named Leroy to buy out their uncle’s restaurant equipment business.
While working on designing and building other restaurants the brothers saw a need in the market for an upscale, non-hamburger fast food chain. They figured also that roasted beef sandwiches would a good thing to sell in their new restaurant.
For a name they took the first two letters of Raffel Brothers (RB) to and came up with Arby’s.
ADThe First Arby’s Roast Beef
The first Arby’s opened in 1964 in Boardman, Ohio. This first restaurant had a “chuckwagon-style” design with a natural wood and stone decor and a giant 10-gallon hat for a sign.
Yes, it is a hat. 😉
On the original menu was their roast beef sandwiches for 69 cents, potato chips and iced tea.
Arby’s was an almost immediate success despite charging quite a bit more than other fast food restaurants at the time and within a year of opening the brothers franchised their first operation.
Royal Crown Cola (RC) Company of Atlanta, Georgia, purchased the Arby’s business in 1976 and started expanding overseas with the first Arby’s opening in Tokyo in 1981.
Today, there are more than 3,400 Arby’s restaurants worldwide.
Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwiches
Arby's Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 3 to 4 pound Roast Beef
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 1 envelope Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 8 Onion Hamburger Buns or regular Hamburger Buns, if you prefer
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Stir remaining ingredients (except the buns, of course) together and pour over roast.
- Cook for 8 - 10 hours on low, stirring occasionally.
- Pull apart or slice thin.
- Serve on buns.
Don’t forget the Arby’s Horsey Sauce for your Roast Beef Sandwiches.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- McDonalds Bacon McDouble Recipe
- The Classic Chicago Hot Dog
- A&W Papa Burger
- In-n-Out Burger Animal-Style Burger Recipe
- McDonald’s Egg McMuffins Recipe
- Red Robin’s Chili
- Bobby Flay’s Texas Burgers Recipe
- McDonald’s Big Mac and Special Sauce Recipe
- Burger King Big King Burger Recipe
- A&W BBQ Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- McDonald’s McRib Recipe
- A&W Chili Dog Recipe
- Applebee’s Bruschetta Burger Recipe
- Hardee’s Mushroom and Swiss Burger
- Burger King Whopper and Angry Whopper Recipe
- White Castle “Sliders” Burger Recipe
- Cosi Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Flatbread Sandwiches Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwich is from the Wikimedia Commons by Lenin and McCarthy and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported, 2.5 Generic, 2.0 Generic and 1.0 Generic licenses. Photo of Arby’s Sign is by Marc Jacobs and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) License. Thank you, Lenin and McCarthy and Marc. Great Pictures. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Arby’s Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!