Make our Checkers / Rally’s Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Buffalo Chicken Sandwich will taste just like Checkers and Rally’s .
Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. is one of the largest chains of double drive-thru restaurants in the United States. The company operates Checkers and Rally’s restaurants in 28 states and the District of Columbia. They specialize in hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries, and milkshakes.
Originally separate companies serving different geographic areas with Checkers serving the Southeast and Rally’s serving the Midwest, Checkers and Rally’s Hamburgers, Inc. merged in August 1999.
Checkers was founded in 1986 in Mobile, Alabama. Rally’s was founded in Louisville, Kentucky in 1985.
Checkers and Rally’s had similar concepts, being almost exclusively drive-thru with very little seating. After the merger, Rally’s began redesigning its restaurants to follow the Checkers look. Today, with the exception of a different name on the sign, Checkers and Rally’s restaurants look nearly identical.
A breaded chicken breast filet dunked in Frank’s RedHot Original Buffalo Wing Sauce and then topped with ranch dressing and lettuce served on a toasted sesame seed bun.
Recipe makes 4 Sandwiches
Checkers / Rally’s Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 4 defrosted Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 Buns or Rolls
- Olive Oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Frank’s RedHot Original Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 – 1 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Ranch Dressing
You will also need: 1 Gallon size storage bag.
- Preheat skillet on stove top.
- Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Combine flour, paprika, and salt in storage bag.
- Add chicken breasts one at a time and give a good shake to coat the pieces.
- Add coated chicken breasts to heated skillet and fry until nicely browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken breasts and place on paper towels to drain off excessive oil.
- Combine melted butter, garlic and cayenne pepper in large bowl.
- Whisk in Frank’s RedHot Original Buffalo Wing Sauce and cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes, to taste.
- Place cooked chicken breasts into bowl with sauce and turn over to coat both sides.
- Assemble sandwiches and add ranch dressing, tomato slices and lettuce.
The Great American Hot Dog Book: Recipes and Side Dishes from Across America
Americans eat around 20 billion dogs a year, and it’s no wonder that wherever you find yourself in the country, there’s a local hot dog stand, diner, deli, or restaurant with a special take on this American classic.
From the Coney Island Dog of New York to the Remoulade Dog in New Orleans to the tortilla-wrapped Bacon Burrito Dog served up at Pink’s in Los Angeles, The Great American Hot Dog Book takes you on a tour to reveal the inside story of how the hot dog has evolved and become even more firmly entrenched in America’s culinary traditions.
Recipes Also Include:
- Blackie’s Deep-Fried Dogs and Pear-Pepper Relish
- The Original Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog
- Bacon Cheese Dogs with Fried Onions
- Pizza Fries
- Pink’s Pastrami Burrito Dogs
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Chili’s Boneless Buffalo Wings
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Frank’s RedHot Original Buffalo Wing Sauce is by Bill Roehl – http://www.lazylightning.org/ – and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.
Checkers / Rally’s information is from Wikipedia and is used by permission. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!