Make our Bennigan’s Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Monte Cristo will taste just like Bennigan’s.
A Bennigan’s original. Sliced ham and turkey with Swiss and American cheeses on wheat bread then lightly fried and dusted with powdered sugar.
Serve with raspberry preserves, pickle garnish and your favorite side order of French fried potatoes.
Bennigan’s Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe
Dijon Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Place turkey and Swiss cheese on one slice of bread and ham and American cheese on another slice of
- Place third slice in-between and secure the triple decker sandwich in the corners with toothpicks.
- Place egg in mixing bowl, add water and beat together.
- Add salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder. Beat batter until smooth.
- Dip sandwich in batter and carefully cover all the sides and surface.
- Carefully place in hot oil and fry until golden.
- When sandwich has turned a warm gold color remove from hot oil and place on paper towel.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing the tooth picks.
- Before serving slice into fourths and sprinkle with powder sugar.
For Dijon Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Mix well and then chill until ready to serve.
Hamilton Beach Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker
Make your own restaurant-style Panini’s with the Panini Press Gourmet Sandwich Maker. It will grill sandwiches of any almost any thickness. And when you’re done, it stores upright saving cabinet space.
- Grills sandwiches of any thickness
- Café-style floating lid evenly presses any size sandwich
- 10″ x 8″ nonstick grids
- Power & preheat lights
- Upright storage
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Bennigan’s Cheese and Bacon Potato Skins
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Monte Cristo is by Entitee and used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Bennigan’s Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!