Make our Waffle House Hash Browns Restaurant Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Hashbrowns will taste just like Waffle House’s.
This is a pretty simple recipe.
But sometimes the simplest things are the best.
Waffle House Hash Browns Restaurant Recipe
- 4 cups shredded potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ice
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Place potatoes in a 2-quart bowl and add salt. Pour ice and add water to cover potatoes, and stir to mix salt and ice in the potatoes. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Then, place shredded potatoes in a colander and rinse with cool tap water; drain completely.
- To prepare, heat a large skillet (cast iron preferred) on medium heat; add enough vegetable oil to lightly cover bottom.
- When skillet is hot place drained shredded potatoes in skillet. Fry until crisp, about 12-15 minutes without turning.
- When golden, flip carefully and fry 2-3 additional minutes. Do not cover or stir hash browns while frying.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Waffle House Hash Browns – All the Way is by sushiesque – http://www.sushiesque.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Waffle House Hash Browns Restaurant Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!