Make our Pizza Hut Original Pan Pizza Recipe at home tonight for your family. Our Secret Restaurant Recipe for their Pan Pizza tastes just like Pizza Hut’s.
The thing that makes this secret copycat restaurant recipe for Pizza Hut Original Pan Pizza is the crust. You can add any topping you like, just like you can at Pizza Hut, but it will taste right because of the crust.
Pizza Hut Original Pan Pizza
- 1 (8 ounce) can Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dry Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 1/3 cups warm Water (105 F)
- 1/4 cup non-fat Powdered Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 (1/16 ounce) package dry Yeast
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil (for dough)
- 9 ounces Vegetable Oil (3 ounces per pan)
- Butter-flavored Pam cooking spray
Toppings of your choice
- Pepperoni or Ham or Chopped Vegetables or cooked ground Sausage or Beef
- 16 ounces grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Combine sauce ingredients and let sit for 1 hour.
- Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large bowl.
- Add water and stir to mix well.
- Let rest for two minutes.
- Add oil and stir again.
- Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed.
- Turn out on to a flat floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes, adding more flour as needed, until elastic and no longer sticky.
- Divide dough into three balls.
- Put 3 ounces of oil in each of three 9-inch cake pans, making sure it is spread evenly.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9-inch circle.
- Place in cake pans.
- Spray the outer edge of dough with Pam and cover with a plate.
- Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- For each 9″ pizza, spoon 1/3 cup sauce on dough and spread to within 1-inch of edge.
- Distribute 1 1/2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese on sauce.
- Place toppings of your choice in this order: Pepperoni or ham, vegetables, meats (cooked ground sausage or beef) Top with 3 ounces of mozzarella cheese.
- Cook until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown.
Note: The hotter you can make your oven, the better it is for cooking pizza. This is the major difference between Pizzaria Pizza and homemade pizza. The professional ovens in a Pizzaria will crank up many times hotter than the average home oven. There are a couple of things you can do to help make your oven cook pizza better:
1. Buy a good Pizza Stone. A Pizza Stone is a big piece of tile you stick on the bottom shelf of your oven and just leave there. It does several things to help with baking but mainly it holds and concentrates the heat, thus making the oven hotter and more efficient. This is especially good when cooking pizza.
2. Preheat your oven (with you Pizza Stone inside to absorb the heat) as hot as it will go for up to an hour before you cook the pizza.
Old Stone Oven Pizza Stone
A baking stone for home oven use reminiscent of the stone baking ovens of earlier times. Over 30 years ago the Old Stone Oven Company first introduced the baking store for home use and it is still the best. Thicker than other stones available, it has a porosity and heat retention that is perfect for a good crust. The Old Stone Oven Pizza Stone duplicates crispy pizzeria quality pizza – crust and all- in a standard kitchen oven.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Pizza Hut – Trio Cheese is by Richard Lee and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Pizza Hut Original Pan Pizza Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!