Make our Mimi’s Cafe Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Bread Pudding will taste just like Mimi’s.
Mimi’s Cafe Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce Recipe
- 1 loaf French Bread (cut into 1″ cubes)
- 1/2 cup Raisins (soak 1/2 hour in warm water and drain)
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1/4 pound Butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 quart Half & Half
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 pound Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Whiskey
- 4 Eggs (beaten in a small bowl with the whiskey)
- Fill a 9″x 9″x 2-1/2″ baking pan with the bread cubes and sprinkle the raisins on top. (Use enough bread to come to the top of the pan. You might not use the whole loaf).
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together to make a batter, pour over the top of the bread and stir lightly. Allow the bread to soak 1/2 hour. The pan will be very full. If you have too much batter, discard the excess. If there’s not enough, add a little more milk to the pan.
- Bake in a 325° oven for about 40 minutes, until the pudding is golden brown and puffed up around the edges. The center should be “set” but still a little soft. You can make this ahead of time and heat it in the microwave oven later.
- Whisky Sauce – Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, then quickly whisk in the beaten eggs and whiskey.
- Put the sauce back on the stove over low heat and whisk constantly until the sauce has thickened slightly. (If it’s overcooked, the sauce will curdle).
- Keep the sauce warm until serving.
- If you like, you can serve the bread pudding with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Famous Dave’s Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Bread Pudding is by JeffreyW – https://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffreyww/ – and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Mimi’s Cafe Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!