Make our California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza Restaurant Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your BBQ Chicken Pizza will taste just like California Pizza Kitchen’s.
Ingredients: (See Note #1 below)
- 1/2 to 1 pounds of boneless/skinless Chicken Breasts cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 1 basic Pizza Dough
- Some Cornmeal, Semolina or Flour for easy handling of the Dough
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (Just keep the bottle handy – Mark)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Red Onion Pieces – sliced into 1/8 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Cilantro
Preheat the Oven to 500 Degrees (see Note #2 below)
Cook the Chicken
- Fry the chicken in the olive oil over medium heat until just cooked – about 5 to 6 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Set in refrigerator until chilled.
- Add the two tablespoons of BBQ sauce and toss to coat.
- Set aside.
Assemble the Pizza
- Using a large spoon, spread BBQ Sauce evenly over the prepared dough.
- Sprinkle the smoked Gouda over the sauce.
- Cover with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella.
- Distribute chicken pieces over cheese.
- Sprinkle onion pieces over top.
Bake the Pizza
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake until the center is bubbly – about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pizza and sprinkle with cilantro.
Slice and enjoy your Homemade California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza.
Note #1: The amounts listed above will make a LARGE pizza (up to 18 inches.) If your crusts, oven or appetites are smaller, either halve the ingredients or make two pizzas using half the ingredients on each.
Note #2: The hotter you can make your oven, the better it is for cooking pizza. This is the major difference between Pizzaria Pizza and homemade pizza. The professional ovens in a Pizzaria will crank up many times hotter than the average home oven. There are a couple of things you can do to help make your oven cook pizza better:
1. Buy a good Pizza Stone. A Pizza Stone is a big piece of tile you stick on the bottom shelf of your oven and just leave there. It does several things to help with baking but mainly it holds and concentrates the heat, thus making the oven hotter and more efficient. This is especially good when cooking pizza.
2. Preheat your oven (with you Pizza Stone inside to absorb the heat) as hot as it will go for up to an hour before you cook the pizza.
Old Stone Oven Pizza Stone
A baking stone for home oven use reminiscent of the stone baking ovens of earlier times. Over 30 years ago the Old Stone Oven Company first introduced the baking store for home use and it is still the best. Thicker than other stones available, it has a porosity and heat retention that is perfect for a good crust. The Old Stone Oven Pizza Stone duplicates crispy pizzeria quality pizza – crust and all- in a standard kitchen oven.
The Weekend Grillers — BBQ and Grilling Supersite.
You’ll find recipes for all your grill favorites — from grilled appetizers clear through to grilled desserts and everything in between — including pages on steak, ribs, chicken, burgers, fish and much more. In addition you can learn the best tricks and tips from some of the biggest names in the BBQ and Grilling World.
Oh, heck. You love good food, right? Well, this is some of the very best stuff on Earth. So just go check it out.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Chicago-Style Italian Sausage And Pepper Deep Dish Pizza
- California Pizza Kitchen Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
- More Coming Soon
Photo of BBQ Chicken Pizza is by idovermani – Dov Harrington and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza Restaurant Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!