Make our Long John Silvers Battered Fish Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your fish will taste just like Long John Silver’s.
Photo by Anokarina
Long John Silver’s Battered Fish
This makes enough batter to cover 4 to 6 pieces of fish (or chicken). Simply multiply the recipe to suit your needs for block parties, tailgating, beach parties and family reunions.
Long John Silver's Battered Fish Recipe
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- White Fish (such as Cod, Pollock, Haddock or Perch) Filets, cut into serving-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup Corn Flour
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or more, to taste
- 3/4 cup Beer (preferably Dark, and NEVER Lite), Sparkling Water, Club Soda or Water
- 1 cup Cornstarch for dredging
- Malt Vinegar for serving
- Sift dry ingredients, corn flour, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, into a bowl.
- Add sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Slowly add beer, sparkling water, club soda or water and mix well to make a batter. Set aside.
- Add 1 cup cornstarch into a second bowl. Set aside.
- Fill a pan or skillet with about 1 inch of oil.
- Heat to medium high heat on the stove.
- When oil is hot, place piece of fish into cornstarch. Flip and roll around, pressing slightly, to coat fully and evenly.
- Immediately dip in batter. Cover completely.
- Move fish over oil and allow excess batter to dip into oil to create the "krums" as you very carefully lower fish into oil.
- Repeat with 1 or 2 more pieces of fish. Do not crowd the pan.
- Fry krums and fish to a nice golden brown. Krums will finish first, the fish should take about 5 minutes.
- With a spider strainer, remove the krums as finish and then the fish to a paper towel-covered plate or wire rack to drain.
- Repeat until all fish filets are cooked.
- If you like, drizzle the remaining batter into the hot oil to make more krums.
- Serve with Malt Vinegar.
Enjoy your Long John Silvers Battered Fish with these some of these delicious “sides” and “compliments”:
Southern Fried: More Than 150 recipes for Crab Cakes, Fried Chicken, Hush Puppies, and More
Like every one of James Villas’s cookbooks, this one is impeccably researched, with flawless recipes, history, and culture. It is filled with gorgeous color photos sure to tempt even health food fanatics, with crispy, crunchy delights in chapters featuring eggs and cheese, seafood, breads, and Southern staples like grits, rice, and potatoes. Today’s deep fryers make frying easier and healthier than ever; it’s as easy as pushing a button, with no risk of splattering oil, and Villas’s expertly written recipes like Sassy Shrimp Puffs, Georgia Bacon and Eggs with Hominy, Country Fried Steak, Turkey Hash Cakes, and Rosemary Pork Chops will ensure perfect results.
This isn’t diet food, to be sure, but these are dishes that people love, and it’s safer and healthier than ever to fry without any sacrifice in flavor.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Fried Catfish
- Big Boy Tartar Sauce Recipe
- Red Lobster Asian Garlic Grilled Salmon Recipe
- Arthur Treacher’s Fish Batter Recipe
- Bonefish Grill Salmon Rhea with Lime Tomato Garlic Sauce
- English Pub-Style Beer Battered Fish and Chips
- Bonefish Grill Diablo Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- Red Lobster Maple-Glazed Salmon and Shrimp Recipe
- Gordon Ramsay Classic Scrambled Eggs and Smoked Salmon Recipe
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sweet and Sour Salmon Recipe
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- Bobby Flay’s Honey-Glazed Salmon Recipe
- Marco Pierre White’s Salmon with New Potatoes Recipe
- Captain D’s Batter Dipped Fish Recipe
- Long John Silver’s Battered Fish Recipe
- Long John Silver’s Hush Puppies
- Gordon Ramsay’s Crispy Salmon Recipe
- Blue Water Grill Red Snapper Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Battered Fish is by Anokarina and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Thank you, Anokarina. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE our Long John Silver’s Battered Fish Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!