Make our Tony Roma’s BBQ Baby Back Ribs and BBQ Sauce Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Baby Backs and BBQ Sauce will taste just like Tony’s.
Note – This is a 2 day recipe. But that is good. You can do most of the work, including making the BBQ sauce, the day before your party or cookout and relax and enjoy yourself with your guests.
Tony Roma’s BBQ Baby Back Ribs and BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 4 to 5 pounds of Baby Back Ribs
- Tony Romas-Style BBQ Sauce (Recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Wash and dry ribs.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper and rub to coat.
- Prepare a broiler pan by adding 1 inch of water to the bottom pan and placing the grate on top.
- Place the ribs on the grate, making sure they don’t overlap.
- Build a foil tent over the ribs. Make sure that the foil is not touching the ribs and that the tent is sealed so that the steam from the water cannot escape.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the oven, but leave covered!
- Let completely cooled down with foil tent still in place – about 2-3 hours.
- Then, wrap the ribs in aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator overnight. This will help re-solidify them so that they don’t fall apart when you try to grill them.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Place the racks of ribs on the grill grate.
- When they have reached a golden, bubbly stage, about 3-4 minutes, coat with bbq sauce and broil or grill another 2-4 minutes, then turn and repeat the process.
- Remove from broiler or grill and slather on some more sauce.
The Brinkmann Rib Rack is the perfect answer to the grill master who wants to prepare juicy, flavorful ribs in bulk.
These porcelain coated steel rib racks are designed to hold 4 racks of ribs at a time so if you have a giant grill surface you can cook up your other food while you prepare your ribs, or it can fit perfectly into an oven or smoker where space is at a premium.
Get the job done right with Brinkmann grilling accessories.
Tony Roma’s Homemade Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Palm Sugar (or light brown sugar), crushed
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- Dissolve the palm sugar in the water.
- Add ketchup, molasses, and liquid smoke and mix over high heat.
- Reduce to medium-low and simmer for about 45 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Famous Dave’s Award Winning Ribs Recipe and BBQ Tips
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
And…If you love grilled ribs — and I know you do — be sure to visit —
The Weekend Grillers — BBQ and Grilling Supersite.
You’ll find recipes for all your grill favorites — from grilled appetizers clear through to grilled desserts and everything in between — including pages on steak, ribs, chicken, burgers, fish and much more. In addition you can learn the best tricks and tips from some of the biggest names in the BBQ and Grilling World.
Oh, heck. You love good food and this is some of the very best stuff on Earth. So just go check it out.
Photo of BBQ Baby Back Ribs by Renée S. Suen – https://twitter.com/rssuen – and used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!