Make our Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Bushman Bread will taste just like Outback’s.
- 1 1/2 cups warm Water
- 2 tablespoons softened Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 cups Bread Flour
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Caramel Coloring
- 3 tablespoons Cornmeal, for dusting
- Wooden Cutting Board, Knife and Little White Cup for Butter 🙂
- Place all of the ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed, and process on dough setting. The dough will be a little on the wet side and sticky but if it seems too wet, add more flour.
- When dough is done, let it rise for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan, punch down, and divide into 8 portions. Form portions into tubular shaped loaves about 6-8 inches long, and 2 inches wide.
- Sprinkle the entire surface of the loaves with cornmeal, and place them on 2 cookie sheets.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degreees for 20-25 minutes.
Serve warm with whipped butter.
I’ll tell you what is also good on this bread — Honey Butter! Click the link below and make some of Cheddar’s Honey Butter and you’ll see.
Taste of Home Appetizers: 410 Party Favorites
With this colorful new cookbook, it’s never been easier to:
Mix and match from 410 simple-to-make recipes for any occasion
Find the perfect bite for any event or budget
Dish up delicious dips and spreads, meatballs, party pizzas, sweet and savory snack mixes, and more
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Olive Garden Bread Sticks
- Carrabbas Italian Grill Bread Dip
- Grilled Vidalia Onions with Bacon Butter
- Outback Steakhouse Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie
Photo of Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread is by Robyn Lee (she calls the photo “Free Bread.” I just love that!) and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bushman Bread Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!