Make our Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen Honey Croissants Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Honey Croissants will taste just like Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen.
Photo by kthread
Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen Honey Croissants
Croissants are not too difficult to make at home if you know how to work with yeast dough. But they are quite time consuming.
Nowadays most cities and even towns are going to have several places you can get really good, fresh-made croissants. Heck, my neighborhood grocery bakes their own — and they are quite good.
So here is the easy way to make Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen Honey Croissants — Buy some good croissants and whip up some Honey Butter.
Below that, if you are inclined, is a recipe for really good homemade Honey Butter Croissants.
Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen Honey Butter Recipe
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Honey
- Mix all together and heat slightly to melt.
Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen Honey Croissants Recipe
- Two 1/4-ounce packages active dry Yeast or 5 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm Water
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose Flour divided
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 cups Butter chilled
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Combine yeast and warm water, stirring to dissolve and activate the yeast. Let stand about 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together yeast mixture, half of the flour, 1/2 cup water, and honey.
- Beat until smooth then cover the bowl with a towel and let stand for 1 1/2 hours.
- With a pastry knife or two butter knives, cut butter into remaining half of flour.
- Add yeast mixture and fold together to just moisten flour without breaking up the butter pieces.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat down, rolling into a 18 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Using a spatula, fold one-third of the dough toward the center, then fold another one-third from the other side. Lift the folded dough off the work surface and scrape the surface clean. Sprinkle the work area with flour and repeat the rolling and folding 3 more times. If the dough becomes too soft, chill until firm again.
- Roll dough into a thin rectangle then cut diagonally to form 12 triangles; roll each triangle from the wide end to the point.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets, curving the ends into a crescent shape.
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush on top of the croissants.
- Let rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Re-glaze croissants with egg/water mixture then bake until puffed and brown, about 10 minutes.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Buttery Dinner Rolls and Cinnamon Butter Recipes Recipe
- Cheddar’s Santa Fe Spinach Dip Recipe
- Olive Garden Bread Sticks Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Biscuits Recipe
- Bobby Flay’s Honey-Glazed Salmon
- Texas Roadhouse Buttery Dinner Rolls and Cinnamon Butter Recipes
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Secret Recipe
- Cheddars Santa Fe Spinach Dip Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls Recipe
- Applebee’s Bruschetta Burger Recipe
- … MORE Great Recipes Coming Soon!
Photo of Croissants with Honey Butter is by kthread and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Thank you, kthread. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Email Buttons below to SHARE our Cheddar’s Honey Croissants Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!