Make our Gordon Biersch Hanger Steak Recipe at home with our Secret Restaurant Recipe and your Hanger Steak will taste just like it came from Gordon Biersch.
Photo by Astromango芒果
Gordon Biersch Hanger Steak
A Gordon Biersch Copycat Recipe
Notes – Hanger steak is a unique cut of beef similar to New York strip. You may need to ask your butcher for it.
This is a 2 day recipe.
Gordon Biersch Hanger Steak Recipe
- Two 10-ounce Hanger Steak
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh chopped Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 8 Asparagus Tips
- Vinaigrette Dressing of choice, store bought or homemade
- In a shallow dish, add olive oil, garlic, parsley and black pepper. Mix well.
- Place steaks in dish and turn to coat.
- Place, covered, in the refrigerator, to marinate overnight.
- Remove steaks from marinade, allowing excess to drip off.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place on hot grill and Grill, turning once, to desired doneness (see chart below).
- Cover asparagus in vinaigrette.
- Roll on grill and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until done, but be careful not to burn the asparagus tips.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Slice meat against the grain.
- Serve steaks hot with 4 asparagus tips each.
Steak Degrees of Doneness
- Rare: 95 – 105°F. Cool deep red center.
- Medium Rare: 115 – 125°F. Warm red center with a hint of pink.
- Medium: 130 – 140°F. Warm pink center.
- Medium Well: 150 – 160°F. Some pink in the center but mostly cooked through.
- Well: 165 – 175°F. No pink, cooked all the way through.
Courtesy of Longhorn Steakhouse
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Gordon Biersch 聚餐” is by Astromango芒果 and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Astro. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes widely circulated on the internet. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!